Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 32 123611162126 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic MEGO Figures Return Via Target Stores

Blog Entries

Classic MEGO Figures Return Via Target Stores

Classic MEGO Figures Return Via Target Stores
    by palitoy • July 11, 2018
    Ready for a blast from the past? Toymaker Mego and industry legend Marty Abrams, co-founder and CEO of Mego Corporation, are recreating the company’s famous action figure line, and Targetwill be the exclusive retailer. The new line of collectibles hits stores and Target.com July 29, but fans will get a first look next week during a panel at San Diego Comic-Con—one of the largest gatherings of comic, movie and science fiction fans in the world.

Collectors will recognize the Mego name—the company’s signature line of action figures and celebrity dolls rose to popularity in the 1970s with some of the first articulated action figures on the market. So we jumped at the chance to help the nostalgic brand bring its beloved products back so our guests can share the fond memories with their kids. It’s one way we bring our guests products they won’t find anywhere else.

Marty Abrams and Mego have captured the spirit of the original line with throwbacks to popular classic TV, movie and cartoon characters—like the cast of “Star Trek,” Broadway Joe Namath and Action Jackson—and add some new characters from fan-fave shows like “The Brady Bunch,” “Cheers,” “I Dream of Jeannie” and “Married with Children.” The line will feature 8-inch figures, 14-inch figures, and 8-inch figure 2-pack dioramas.

In addition to the Mego line, Comic-Con attendees will also get a preview of more exciting new Target-exclusive products, like a Studio Series Transformers Bumblebee Helmet from Hasbro, a WWE Elite Action Figure from Mattel and multiple shared exclusives from Funko.

Target’s exclusive line of Mego collectibles will be available in stores and online July 29 at prices ranging from $14.99 to $29.99.

https://wp.me/p3Loj6-2Ep

Images
    I literally saw this pop up on my phone and cancelled my 2pm meeting at work so I could read this, take it all in, and drool at my computer screen.

These look GREAT!!! So thrilled for Paul and Marty for making this happen. Only wish Target was in Canada. It'll make my trip to Disney later this year all that more special as I look forward to walking into a Target store while visiting the U.S

My brother will freak over I Dream of Jeanie.

Can't wait to see the rest of 'em. I'm an Ambassador darn it....I demand more exclusive sneak peek pictures!!!!

Happy day for Mego lovers like us! Rejoice and spread the word!
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Sweet!
    Only I don't have a Target nearby. Glad they'll be available online as well!

I see Sarek on the Star Trek packaging. Long overdue!

EDIT: Or it could be a Romulan Commander.
    Last edited by SpaceAgent; Jul 11, '18 at 12:29 PM.

Also interesting that Target is the retail partner; they also carried a bunch of the Exclusive Premiere Mego-like figures 20-some years back.

Images
    Wow, now this is some seriously exciting news! I was hoping Trek would be in the mix, but seriously doubted we'd see DC from the new Mego. So excited to be proven wrong!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Thanks Marty- all Canadian and foreign collectors can now look forward to getting gouged on the secondary markets. I understand that a business needs a distributor but an exclusive to this kind of chain? Can only hope that the new Mego also sets up an on-line storefront of their own. Excited and ****ed off at the same time!

Sweet. I predicted Target. they always seem to take the risk on nostalgia properties/lines.

Prices sound about right. Not sure about stuff like "I Dream of Jeannie" doing much business, but Star Trek is a great get even if it's a redo. Stoked for Action Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by batdan View Post
    Thanks Marty- all Canadian and foreign collectors can now look forward to getting gouged on the secondary markets. I understand that a business needs a distributor but an exclusive to this kind of chain? Can only hope that the new Mego also sets up an on-line storefront of their own. Excited and ****ed off at the same time!
    Target is a HUGE retailer. I realize it's not all over the world, but in the US they are everywhere. This is a big get for MEGO and arguably the best home for a product like this. Assuming these are produced in decent quantities, you should have no problem finding someone on the forums here, willing to sell you these figures at retail price plus shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by batdan View Post
    Exclusive in the US; the article doesn't specify that Target is the only potential place in the world you will ever find them. Collectors of things like Marvel Legends are used to different chains carrying the same exclusive depending on the country. I would strongly suspect Marty and company are working on such things. Not like Mr. Abrams is inexperienced at doing worldwide business.