Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Vampire Circus and Count Yorga for me.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
      Career Member
      • Nov 22, 2011

Absolutely no disrespect intended or implied but,
      I'm a Universal guy. However, I do appreciate what these films bring to the table and I enjoy them. Just not my favorites. I grew up with Universal in the 60's and 70's late night tv shows like Creature Feature, Klara Kackels Creepy Cauldron and Svengoolie. Be true to your Monster's!!!
      "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Vampire Circus and Count Yorga for me.
        Count Yorga isn't a Hammer (I believe it's an AIP), but I agree it's a great film! I think the success of it is what led Hammer to try Dracula AD 1972 and The Satanic Rites of Dracula. Yorga woke them up to the possibilities of a modern setting with their vampires.

Absolutely no disrespect intended or implied but,
        I'm a Universal guy. However, I do appreciate what these films bring to the table and I enjoy them. Just not my favorites. I grew up with Universal in the 60's and 70's late night tv shows like Creature Feature, Klara Kackels Creepy Cauldron and Svengoolie. Be true to your Monster's!!!
        I love both. I think Hammer is just a little more fringe than Universal, so it's got a little bit more of that "secret handshake" vibe if you're in the know about them. Part of that comes from the rights being flung in so many directions, so official product releases are almost non-existent, whereas Universal has a marketing machine to crank out product. It keeps their IP much more alive and relevant, where Hammer's often remain "undiscovered gems" for a lot of folks.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

True it was a different production company but for me it had so much of the Hammer feel I tend to throw it in without thinking. The Dracula and Quatermass movies I tend to rank higher than the Frankenstein movies.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎