Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammer Horror...what's your top five?

Images
    ^That's compelling. I think Hammer thought Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll would be sort of naughty and scary, but it falls flat for me. A handsome Hyde is prescient, though. But I'd rather watch The Man Who Could Cheat Death.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Another few great ones worth mentioning are The Gorgon, Night Creatures AKA Captain Clegg, and Evil of Frankenstein.

One I still haven't seen to this day is Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell.

Images
    ^Monster From Hell is an oddity. I see it more as part of a seminal transition moment for British cinema, much like how Curse and Horror were in their day. It's Hammer's attempt to try and move past, well, the past! But without the proper design team, or budget, it's some fugly work.

Look at it this way. It's 1974. Hammer sat on Monster From Hell since 1972. Five months after they release it, Texas Chainsaw arrives and the classic monsters are officially swept out of cinemas.

MOON ZERO TWO!!! Surprised not mentioned. Trashy nonsense but great space suits (Almost like live action Major Matt Mason) Mad cartoon opening titles but groovy song by Julie Driscoll. Aside from that the usual stuff for me. Hammer doesn't always have to be a great film to be a GREAT film if you know what I mean.