Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Superheroes Batmobile MIB

Blog Entries

Images
    I think that the Funko Batmobile is going to cause the resale price of these to drop. Not so much the value, just how much people will pay to have a scale Batmobile for their figures.

CCC.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordMudd View Post
    I think that the Funko Batmobile is going to cause the resale price of these to drop. Not so much the value, just how much people will pay to have a scale Batmobile for their figures.
    Totally disagree, there are a lot of PSH collectors who these are their grails, the limited supply drives up the prices. These people want the vintage piece for it's cadence.

The Funko set is nice but it's not even a reproduction and while it may deter the extremely casual collector who wants a 3 3/4" Batman toy but not for people looking for vintage Batman and Mego items.

Images
    ^^^ agree, rare is rare and will always keep their prices and demand up. These items appeal only to serious collectors anyway and not the casual person who would be more willing to pick up the Funko one for a much cheaper price. I've noticed that among serious Mego collectors that in the past they didn't look at the PH and CAH line in high regard but in the last 5-6 years the interest really has picked up in these lines and people really seem to appreciate them much more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelmania View Post
    ^^^ agree, rare is rare and will always keep their prices and demand up. These items appeal only to serious collectors anyway and not the casual person who would be more willing to pick up the Funko one for a much cheaper price. I've noticed that among serious Mego collectors that in the past they didn't look at the PH and CAH line in high regard but in the last 5-6 years the interest really has picked up in these lines and people really seem to appreciate them much more.
    I've noticed that too but it seems especially popular with 80s kids who collect RAH and other 3 3/4" lines. I couldn't afford to collect it now, glad I grabbed it when i did.

Images
    Man, that thing is gorgeous. I think I got mine in the more generic blue and white box. Childhood memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think I'd remember THIS box.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

I had this box at least twice. I love it love it love it, but I just don't see dropping $900+ for this...
    "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Images
    I, for one, loved the pocket heroes and loved this set. In facf, I had two when I was a kid. Something happened to the first, but I canít recall what. Anyhow, Iíd love to own this, again. It holds so many fond memories/nostalgia for me. On top of that, itís a great Batmobile and a great Batman and Robin.

By the way, I was born in 1974. So, Iím in between a 70s and 80s kid, but a bit more 80s. I collected all of the Mego 3 3/4, RAH, Super Powers, etc.

I just donít want this particular one, at such a price, because I know Iíd have to take it out of the box!

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

That makes perfect sense- if memory serves, this was a pretty late box, so those of us who were more "early 80s Mego" vs. "70s Mego" would be in the sweet spot to have had it.
    "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    This is the last box for the Batmobile, it's the end of the line for Mego at this point. Some really gorgeous stuff came out of this era.