Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Hawkman...when?

Images

Hawkman...when?

Like many people on here, I have waited for a licensed Mego-type figure of Hawkman for decades.

I'm excited that Hawkman has been announced as coming this year from Figures, but no preview pics or anything yet.

Does anyone have any tangible evidence of the Figures, Inc. Hawkman, like some pictures?

Thanks in advance!
    Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

I'm wondering if the delay may be caused by them re-visiting the plastic covered paper wing concept shown in the Birdman figure. There were a lot of negative reactions, though some people liked them. I personally think they're terrible. It would be nice if they come up with something else.

I still think those wings aren't bad if they were printed on a thick felt instead of the plastic covered cardboard. That does allow movement and some posing. I really don't see them having sculpted wings.

JeffBearCO

Images
    Blog Entries
    I hope this extra time is being spent on the head sculpt and scale. I can easily replace the wings according to my taste.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbearco View Post
    I still think those wings aren't bad if they were printed on a thick felt instead of the plastic covered cardboard. That does allow movement and some posing. I really don't see them having sculpted wings.

JeffBearCO
    Thick felt would be perfect... I think sculpted would be impractical as they'd weigh too much. I also love the feathered layering on Silver Swan's outfit, but that might be cost-prohibitive for a full set of wings.

Images
    Wings would be tricky. I'm not sure how I would like them done. That's probably why they've not released one before.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"

Images
    lots of 6 inch figures out there with different type of wings.....lots of good ones...cant see it being anything but cost issues

wasn't Hawkgirl announced as an upcoming figure? I am not as concerned as when we will see hawkman I am just curious as how they will do him with the wing issue and such.

Hawkman was even seen on the back of the Wave Four "Fist Fighters" FTC Super Powers Cards (Just artwork, alas). As far as I know, the other Wave Four figures (Dr. Fate, Red Tornado and Firestorm) have all been released, but no Hawkman... :^(