X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Type Two
    Career Member
    • Sep 20, 2010

Hawkman...when?

Like many people on here, I have waited for a licensed Mego-type figure of Hawkman for decades.

I'm excited that Hawkman has been announced as coming this year from Figures, but no preview pics or anything yet.

Does anyone have any tangible evidence of the Figures, Inc. Hawkman, like some pictures?

Thanks in advance!
    Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.
  • slaviere
    • Sep 26, 2017

I'm wondering if the delay may be caused by them re-visiting the plastic covered paper wing concept shown in the Birdman figure. There were a lot of negative reactions, though some people liked them. I personally think they're terrible. It would be nice if they come up with something else.

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

I still think those wings aren't bad if they were printed on a thick felt instead of the plastic covered cardboard. That does allow movement and some posing. I really don't see them having sculpted wings.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I hope this extra time is being spent on the head sculpt and scale. I can easily replace the wings according to my taste.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• slaviere
          • Sep 26, 2017

Originally posted by jeffbearco
          I still think those wings aren't bad if they were printed on a thick felt instead of the plastic covered cardboard. That does allow movement and some posing. I really don't see them having sculpted wings.

JeffBearCO
          Thick felt would be perfect... I think sculpted would be impractical as they'd weigh too much. I also love the feathered layering on Silver Swan's outfit, but that might be cost-prohibitive for a full set of wings.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
            Career Member
            • Nov 22, 2011

Wings would be tricky. I'm not sure how I would like them done. That's probably why they've not released one before.
            "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Chippupperty
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 5, 2004

lots of 6 inch figures out there with different type of wings.....lots of good ones...cant see it being anything but cost issues

Comment

• powersthatbe
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 27, 2010

wasn't Hawkgirl announced as an upcoming figure? I am not as concerned as when we will see hawkman I am just curious as how they will do him with the wing issue and such.

Comment

• Snake_Man
                  • Aug 22, 2018

Hawkman was even seen on the back of the Wave Four "Fist Fighters" FTC Super Powers Cards (Just artwork, alas). As far as I know, the other Wave Four figures (Dr. Fate, Red Tornado and Firestorm) have all been released, but no Hawkman... :^(

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎