Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Going ape...

Images
    Blog Entries
    I have the CTVT orange tights, I found them to be better than the earlier brown, purple, and black tights.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

^^ Ok gentlemen, you've convinced me to explore these new goodies… I'm most intrigued about the boots tho as they did their own riff on them. The photos are pretty bad on their website and the female boots do look bad, however the other three options looking interesting/promising.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I didn't know of the boots...
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I didn't know of the boots...
    Dang, neither did I! Either they added them more recently or I need to learn to scroll down further. Looks like I need to sort through my apes and decide who gets some more colorful footwear.

^^ I do like the wild color combos when paired with the outfits… very animated recipes cookin'.

Went on CTVT to grab some boots and got a few more of the recent clothing additions. Yep, I'm going ape...

^^ My box arrived over the weekend… you're going to like the boots! It's a good thing they are made well and can take some abuse, as you're going to need to (really!) heat them up to get them on.

Quote Originally Posted by Confessional View Post
    ^^ My box arrived over the weekend… you're going to like the boots! It's a good thing they are made well and can take some abuse, as you're going to need to (really!) heat them up to get them on.
    Yeah, I noticed that with the gorilla boots; they are really tight. But even with heating and struggling to get them on, I never felt like they were going to crack or split, so whatever causes the eventual fragility with the CTVT stuff hasn't affected them yet. THey do look great, though, and I have to say there seems to be a bit more detail to them as far as folds and such than the originals had, in addition to the snug fit. The not-Zaius boots are likewise nicely detailed, and not just the glyphs. They look really great on the figures, too; the varied colors really liven up the display, giving it a real animated show feel. Only ones that aren't too good are the female boots; the toe area is oddly...bulbous...and makes them look like clown shoes.

New lady ape and the new male ape boots:
    ladyape.jpg

New male apes with nice new, colorful boots:
    apeguys.jpg
    Last edited by scott metzger; Jul 23, '19 at 10:29 AM.