Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I have the CTVT orange tights, I found them to be better than the earlier brown, purple, and black tights.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Ok gentlemen, you've convinced me to explore these new goodies… I'm most intrigued about the boots tho as they did their own riff on them. The photos are pretty bad on their website and the female boots do look bad, however the other three options looking interesting/promising.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I didn't know of the boots...
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I didn't know of the boots...
          Dang, neither did I! Either they added them more recently or I need to learn to scroll down further. Looks like I need to sort through my apes and decide who gets some more colorful footwear.

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

^^ I do like the wild color combos when paired with the outfits… very animated recipes cookin'.

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Went on CTVT to grab some boots and got a few more of the recent clothing additions. Yep, I'm going ape...

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

^^ My box arrived over the weekend… you're going to like the boots! It's a good thing they are made well and can take some abuse, as you're going to need to (really!) heat them up to get them on.

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Confessional
                  ^^ My box arrived over the weekend… you're going to like the boots! It's a good thing they are made well and can take some abuse, as you're going to need to (really!) heat them up to get them on.
                  Yeah, I noticed that with the gorilla boots; they are really tight. But even with heating and struggling to get them on, I never felt like they were going to crack or split, so whatever causes the eventual fragility with the CTVT stuff hasn't affected them yet. THey do look great, though, and I have to say there seems to be a bit more detail to them as far as folds and such than the originals had, in addition to the snug fit. The not-Zaius boots are likewise nicely detailed, and not just the glyphs. They look really great on the figures, too; the varied colors really liven up the display, giving it a real animated show feel. Only ones that aren't too good are the female boots; the toe area is oddly...bulbous...and makes them look like clown shoes.

New lady ape and the new male ape boots:
                  ladyape.jpg

New male apes with nice new, colorful boots:
                  apeguys.jpg
                  Last edited by scott metzger; Jul 23, '19, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Noticed the new Zaius style tops at CTVT and ordered a couple for some more apes. Gave the orangutan some bangs and a lighter hair color to differentiate him from Zaius:
                    megotwoapes.jpg

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                      One eyed, wonder
                      • Dec 17, 2009

I like your damn dirty apes. Fun stuff.

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

The chimp tunics as shown in post # 38 (the ones on the Gorillas) are those something you made up yourself, or are those from CTVT?

(I know I could just look, but figured I'd ask anyway. )

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
                          The chimp tunics as shown in post # 38 (the ones on the Gorillas) are those something you made up yourself, or are those from CTVT?

(I know I could just look, but figured I'd ask anyway. )
                          CTVT made. Grabbed them when they first came out before they had a chance to sit in a hot warehouse and degrade...

Comment

• battmasterson
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 22, 2010

Nice work.

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

I've had this Space Apes head floating in my head box for a long time (so long I have no idea where I got it from). Only found out what the head actually was thanks to the Toy Ventures video. Widened the neck hole on a female body to plug it in, grabbed some Zira arms, realized one was missing a hand, painted a witch hand to replace it, and got another outfit from CTVT. Now I have an ape with a pretty flower in her hair...
                              spaceape.jpg

Comment

• apes3978
                                Permanent Member
                                • Nov 19, 2005

That's Myra from the "Astro-Apes" figures

Cool creation.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢