Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Going ape...

Going ape...

Moved my Mego apes to a bigger display spot, and wanted to fill it out with something other than a bunch of soldier apes. Got one of those brightly colored new ape outfits from CTVT and painted an extra ape general's head to go with it. Actually somehow had an extra pair of ape general boots, to boot. The second simian needs a better pair of brown tights and some shoes, but the head is Zaius with ears added on and repainted for a new chimp.
    ape2a.jpgape1b.jpg

Images
    Blog Entries
    I love the animated vibe of the blue general.

Very cool apes. Can you post a pic of the whole display?

Here's the whole thing. Gonna add some more apes; got a couple extra soldier heads already, and will be getting some more of those colorful outfits from CTVT. And EMCE Hammer, I hadn't realized, but those aforementioned colorful costumes do have a definite Return to the Planet of the Apes vibe to them; makes them even cooler than I thought.
    megoapes.jpg

Nice display!

Images
    Nice Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Moved my Mego apes to a bigger display spot, and wanted to fill it out with something other than a bunch of soldier apes. Got one of those brightly colored new ape outfits from CTVT and painted an extra ape general's head to go with it. Actually somehow had an extra pair of ape general boots, to boot. The second simian needs a better pair of brown tights and some shoes, but the head is Zaius with ears added on and repainted for a new chimp.
    ape2a.jpgape1b.jpg
    Scott,
    Are you sewing these costumes yourself?!? Cause if you are, These are BANGIN dude! WOW! Nice stuff.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"

These look great, nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Here's the whole thing. Gonna add some more apes; got a couple extra soldier heads already, and will be getting some more of those colorful outfits from CTVT. And EMCE Hammer, I hadn't realized, but those aforementioned colorful costumes do have a definite Return to the Planet of the Apes vibe to them; makes them even cooler than I thought.
    megoapes.jpg
    Very nice display. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Kirk View Post
    Scott,
    Are you sewing these costumes yourself?!? Cause if you are, These are BANGIN dude! WOW! Nice stuff.
    No, can't take credit. These costumes are originals or new stuff from Classic TV Toys. For some reason, they have a bunch of colorful ape costumes. I did have to stitch up the backs, as they're a bit loose on the figures, but they have the tops and the tights in multiple colors (even the rifles). Doc Mego has boots and bandoliers (although I have gotten a few of the black Robin Hood boots from CTVT and they look good with these outfits. They look a little more like the actual movie and TV boots, at least from the pics I've seen, than the standard combat boots). It's a pretty cool idea, methinks, something I've never seen before. It adds some nice variety and color to the display. Added a few more of those recently:
    addedapes1.jpgaddedapes2.jpg
    Last edited by scott metzger; Jul 17, '18 at 10:35 AM.