Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Cake decorating

Cake decorating

Never did I ever imagine we'd try this - but my grand daughter adores Scooby Doo and we stumbled across a cake pan during antiquing a few weekends ago.
    My wife cooked up the cake and mixed up all the colors.
    It really was a blind-leading-the-blind on this adventure, but I think we nailed it.
    It's a great deal of work. Interesting to see how frosting performs like it did..you learn technique around every corner (no pun intended lol)

IMG_0970.JPG.jpg

Wow. Nice job.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

YES!!!! You did a GREAT job! I do a lot of cake decorating myself, so I know how much effort goes into them. Keep doing it, and of course document each one. After a while, you'll have a portfolio you'll be proud of!

If you'd like, I can post some of mine, but only with your blessing, as I don't want to hijack your thread.

If that is your first effort, I can only imagine what your later ones will look like. Nice that your wife is helping you, because mixing the colors is half the work! Steady hands, and lots of patience though. You can take courses at your local big box craft store, and I'm sure there's lots of online tips too.

Cake is my weakness; it's my favorite food. I first got the idea that I wanted to learn cake decorating because of Dynamite Magazine in the 1970s. They had an article where they made a Count Morbida cake and it blew my brain open.

Anyway, great to see this, and I'll be looking forward to more!
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    Well done!!!

I had a Batman cake like that in 1979, when I was five.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

I’m a very good cook...not so much a baker...so this is highly impressive, well done...looks awesome...

thanks.
    It was fun. My lower back isn't too happy from all the bending over though lol.
    No problem, hijacking - if ya have a creation to share - post away. Would love to see em.

Please tell me you cleaned the antique store pan before you made the cake...

(Also, it looks amazing!)
    "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by jimbutsu View Post
    Please tell me you cleaned the antique store pan before you made the cake...

(Also, it looks amazing!)
    lol, yeah. Pretty sure it was even brand new.

Wow!! That really looks great!