X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Generic CTVT Vans.

I hadn't seen much written here about the vans so I thought I would throw my 2 cents in. I have owned as an adult collector 3 Batlabs, a Jokermobile and a Dinah Mite Camper van. I only ever had the Batmobile new as a kid.
    That being said, these are fairly accurate versions of the Batlab. I didn't buy the licensed Batlab since $120 just seemed ridiculously priced. But $100 for three 3 generic vans? All with the exact stylings of the Batlab? Ok ya got me.
    Color choices of the body and roofs seems slightly arbitrary. Why cant I buy a Black van? Or Yellow?
    I went with Green body and red roof fr Joker, Purple body and yellow roof for Batgirl (Sue me...My daughter and I like Babs) and ...maybe an odd choice...Blue body and black roof for the New Batlab. Superfriends style.
    They arrived today. I have never before held an unbroken Mego type van haha. This plastic seems beefier somehow. The side door only opens an inch. If you are going to paint the body you are going to want to glue the door closed.
    The oval on the front end looks like it might take some getting used to. At the same time you can get a version of the Bat front end or make one and mount to that.
    The blue is not too bad. Between batcycle blue and Action Jackson van blue. Lighter than i might have asked for but still usable.
    With the black roof it visually looks a bit darker. I havent customed anything in ten years and I am getting excited here.
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I like these vans, too. But it seems--and I understand why--that the boxed van colors have not been released individually.

That's a nice pic, as well--the blue looks good IMO.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I don't have any of the vans, I wanted to grab the Daily Planet van, love the color, maybe down the road.

I like the pic too, although it looks like Batgirl has her boot caught.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

not exactly sure what you mean about the boxed vans not being available individually. they have the 4 premium vans, that dome with decoration and a figure and 5 generic van bodies and 5 rooftops that you can accessorize them with. I went the generic route as a cost issue.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

not exactly sure what you mean about the boxed vans not being available individually. they have the 4 premium vans, that dome with decoration and a figure and 5 generic van bodies and 5 rooftops that you can accessorize them with. I went the generic route as a cost issue.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

What I'm referring to is the fact that the colors of the boxed themed vans are not available separately as parts. For example, there is no way to do an all-black van unless you buy an extra Batlab. Obviously, they don't want parts to undercut their sales of themed vans.

I saw custom sticker sets for many of the FTC reissue vehicles at Mego Meet. The possibilities are fun and seemingly endless, so I'm glad to have them.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Why did they cast the tires to match the bodies? Looks really lazy.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    Why did they cast the tires to match the bodies? Looks really lazy.
                    Yes, the tires are bizarre. I supposed it streamlines production, but still.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 29, 2018

FTC/CTVT has always made...unusual choices. I suppose they could have made generic vans all in white and all the choices for color are after market. I am just happy we got vans. Nobody else seems to be going after the mego vehicle market.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

^That's true, and I like the production quality overall. I just ordered a Batlab, and may order others for customs.

Something for Green Arrow, even if not a reproduction Arrowcar, would be fun.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 29, 2018

Green van and Yellow roof, swap out the capture cage for a crossbow mounted to the roof.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jun 29, 2018

i think the Nerf small crossbow mounted to the roof might just work...

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Anyone who has the 66 Bookworm figure, could create his Bookmobile van with those generic ctvt vans.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎