Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada


Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: An "Ask Marty" thread would be awesome...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 23, 2007
    Posts
    160
    Images
    17

    An "Ask Marty" thread would be awesome...

    After watching the video of Marty answering questions at Mego Meet, I thought how awesome
    it would be, if he could answer questions of Mego collectors more frequently.
    Not everyone can go to a convention, and that one hour was over very quickly.
    I think there are many question on the history of Mego still unanswered
    (and there would probably be questions regarding new Mego, too).

    Now, as far as I understand, Marty isn't a member here ?
    And he probably isn't interested in posting on message boards or elsewhere on the web?

    But maybe someone who knows him could forward questions and post the answers, from time to time?
    That would be great.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 29, 2005
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the Heavens
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent4125 View Post
    After watching the video of Marty answering questions at Mego Meet, I thought how awesome
    it would be, if he could answer questions of Mego collectors more frequently.
    Not everyone can go to a convention, and that one hour was over very quickly.
    I think there are many question on the history of Mego still unanswered
    (and there would probably be questions regarding new Mego, too).

    Now, as far as I understand, Marty isn't a member here ?
    And he probably isn't interested in posting on message boards or elsewhere on the web?

    But maybe someone who knows him could forward questions and post the answers, from time to time?
    That would be great.

    It could be a better way like the old q&a Hasbro or the "what fans want to know" from Mattel . Might be a good sounding board.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 15, 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,402
    Blog Entries
    2
    Marty tells people that "Paul remembers more of my life than I do" it's a great line, but sometimes I think Brian Heiler
    knows more of the company details than anyone living.

    If you have questions you want to ask Marty - post them. I will collect them and ask him to shoot a video answering
    them - because half the fun of the answer is hearing him tell the story.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 17, 2008
    Location
    Out there...That-a-way!
    Posts
    4,746
    Images
    51
    I would love to hear any positive celebrity stories. No throwing anyone under the bus. Like what was the surviving members of Wizard of Oz cast reaction to seeing their figures? I know some probably didn't need actor approval back then, but I know if I were famous, I'd be flattered to see a figure made of me.
    Mego...Re-Mego...It's all good!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 14, 2008
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    5,251
    Images
    3
    Blog Entries
    1
    Doc, I'd love to know if you are going to use your new bodies, or the standard rubber banded bodies?

    Also, please ask Marty if he will consider bringing back Dinah mite.
    JediJaida

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 23, 2007
    Posts
    160
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by drmego View Post
    ...
    If you have questions you want to ask Marty - post them. I will collect them and ask him to shoot a video answering
    them - because half the fun of the answer is hearing him tell the story.
    That would be great!
    And I can perfectly understand if he doesn't remember some of the details from 40 years ago.

    My questions are about the "Johnny Action" line (Lion Rock WWII soldiers).

    1. In the video from Mego Meet Marty said:
    "Someone came to us from Europe at that time who wanted to do military"
    Does he remember which customer that was?

    2. Some time ago we found out that the artwork on the back of the early Johnny Action and European release boxes
    had previously been created for the covers of comic books published by British company Fleetway/IPC.
    Who had the idea of using these artworks and how did Mego get the license?

    3. Some of the artworks were modified for Mego/Lion Rock. Any idea who the artist was who did the modifications?

    4. On the back of the small catalogs included with the German release figures there was a foreword
    by some "David Collins Burn". Any idea who that was?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 29, 2005
    Location
    Somewhere beyond the Heavens
    Posts
    785
    My question is he said at Mego Meet that all scales would be represented does that mean 3 1/4" to 4" will come out eventualy for some lines?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 14, 2002
    Location
    Saco, ME
    Posts
    12,880
    Images
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by drmego View Post
    Marty tells people that "Paul remembers more of my life than I do" it's a great line, but sometimes I think Brian Heiler
    knows more of the company details than anyone living.

    If you have questions you want to ask Marty - post them. I will collect them and ask him to shoot a video answering
    them - because half the fun of the answer is hearing him tell the story.
    Wicked COOL Paul!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •