X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Rebel Command Center

Two thoughts: One, Darth Vader and the Bounty Hunters look like they're going "Hooray!" which is probably what they did at the end of "Empire".

Two, the Rebel Command center looks like minutes of play.

Check out our Instagram

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

the coolest thing about the command center was it came with 3 figures. I had the set, it is better as a display piece than a play piece

Comment

• Redmiller
      • Jun 19, 2018

I have it in my hoth section, When you combine it with all the other Hoth inspired playsets, Your ATAT and other Hoth Items look great.

Those cardboard pieces are hard to find anymore though :(

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Look at that convincing forced perspective on the Rebel Command Center.

I think I'm going to raise one or more arms on at least 75% of my displayed figures right now.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

My lord. That AD. I remember staring at the page all holiday season because of the bounty hunters!

I had forgotten about that command center. Those ol' cheapo sets were awesome.

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

I like it! Looks like a fun little playset, just needs a couple of accessories,

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

To me, the ESB toys were when Kenner really hit their stride with Star Wars Toys. I keep a Han/Tauntaun on my desk and drove from OKC to Vegas a few years back with it riding on the dashboard.

"I don't care if the weather's wanton, long as I got my plastic Tauntaun riding on the dashboard of my truck."

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

This was really the best of action figure placements. They look so good the way that they are displayed and photographed.

Sometimes 5 points of articulation looks to be the most fun.

I really like the Rebel Command Center.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 12, 2014

I had the Imperial Cruiser and could swear it was called a Troop Transporter. Had a button on top when pressed had sounds from the movie. I remember one clear as day a stormtrooper would say "Theres one set for stun". It was awesome. Sadly I can not check for sure because mine along with its box, and everything else on that ad with boxes, I gave to my brother. All I have is the figures. Oh well, I got his Megos.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

I had the Imperial Cruiser and could swear it was called a Troop Transporter.
                    Yeah, it was called the Imperial Troop Transporter originally... But for that Sears exclusive version it had the talking feature removed and was renamed the "Imperial Cruiser" with slightly revised deco.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Makernaut
                      "I don't care if the weather's wanton, long as I got my plastic Tauntaun riding on the dashboard of my truck."
                      I knew I liked you and this cements it. lol I'll never be able to watch 'Cool Hand Luke" quite the same again.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        I knew I liked you and this cements it. lol I'll never be able to watch 'Cool Hand Luke" quite the same again.
                        One of my favorite movies, ever!!! That little riff came to me somewhere between Amarillo and Tucumcari. That was a great road trip that essentially paralleled old Route 66. Lots of scenery, Dr. Pepper, Beef Jerky, Jazz, and Prog Rock. And I'm glad my Tauntaun was with me!

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                          Yeah, it was called the Imperial Troop Transporter originally... But for that Sears exclusive version it had the talking feature removed and was renamed the "Imperial Cruiser" with slightly revised deco.
                          Thanks Bruce! I think its one of the coolest SW toys ever.

Comment

• tmthor
                            God of Knock-offs
                            • Nov 29, 2005

I wish Funko would make playsets like that to go with the 60's Batman or Hasbro for their Star Wars line

Comment

• Klosterheim
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 23, 2013

Every time Cool Hand Luke is mentioned, I always think of Strother Martin on Saturday Night Live, at the languages school, saying,"What we have here is a failure to communicate in a foreign language."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎