Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Failed Cartoons

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Falstaff13 View Post
    The King Arthur looks pretty good--I didn't know about this one, and it would have been a fun show in that Filmation era.
    Yeah, I find it really interesting. It's a nice counter-piece to HB's Three Musketeers.

A large part of it is an evolution of the animatic Marvel Superheroes '66 from Grantray, down to the music cues. Then other parts have a cinematic feel that was beyond their DC output of the time. I'd love to know who the animators were.

Filmation Batgirl is Guinevere. Ted Knight is somewhere in there. Filmation Aquaman, aka Batman '66 narrator, is Arthur.

One of my favourites:

The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley only ran one 13 episode season. Short did a bunch of his characters and it had lots of amazing guest stars. I wish there was more.

Images
    I loved the Ed Grimley 'toon. It featured Jonathon Winters, too--what's not to like?

I'm a huge fan, too of Freakazoid!, which while not exactly a failure, ended too soon for my liking. Egad that show cracks me up.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Pryde of the X-Men

Images
    One of the best TV shows EVER. My brother has every episode on VHS from the first run, and I remember introducing my kids to it when Cartoon Network re-ran it years ago. And they loved it, I must say...

Quote Originally Posted by Brazoo View Post
    One of my favourites:

The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley only ran one 13 episode season. Short did a bunch of his characters and it had lots of amazing guest stars. I wish there was more.