Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC's Crime Syndicate

Grin DC's Crime Syndicate

Hi all and Happy Monday,

I've always loved the DC Crime Syndicate group of bad guys. I also am very intrigued by Thomas Wayne Batman. Has anyone ever given these a shot? I've seen some nice pics online of Thomas Wayne Batman figures out there but, Owlman and Ultraman and others, Not so much.

If any of you customizes were going to create Owlman, which version of costume would you go for and how would you execute it?
    thanks
    Capt_Kirk
    "May fortune favor the foolish"

Images
    I'm working on my own set right now, that would resemble bits from various incarnations, ( the Animated Feature JL: Crisis on Two Earths is a strong influence).
    My goal is to make them as dopplegangers to the original 7 WGSH ( Superman, B&R, Aquaman, Spider-Man, Capt. America and Capt. Marvel) plus four others
    (GA, Mary Marvel, GL, and the Flash). So far have been gathering parts and bodies, and begun painting some heads to match my photoshop mockups.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

I actually have these on my newly resurrected "to do" list. I have an Ultraman started somewhere from many years ago. For the Syndicate, I want to do the classic pre-crisis versions, myself. I don't see any way of avoiding re-sculpting a head for him (no clue how to size up heads like the DC Collectibles one, and I honestly think he's a tad young and square jawed for the version I want). Costume is pretty basic, although the cowl neck on the cape might pose some challenges. I'm thinking of using the skinny body from FTC or maybe just adapt the chest part from a type 1 body to keep him less muscular; he definitely had a slighter build in his early appearances. Mego-type parts are available for a lot of it: gray Batman bodysuit, short cuffed boots, utility belt with the holster from a CHiPs belt. Not sure about the head; he looked late 40's-50's in the original appearances. I'm leaning toward Bones McCoy. The Black Adam Mattel retro head would work, as well as Riker from Rookies, but I have neither of those currently in my heads box (yes, I do have a sewing box with Mego heads on the spindles where thread usually goes. Picture that and sleep well tonight... ). I'm really thinking Bones is the best for the look I want, but that will differ depending on what version your doing.

This was my take on the Crime Syndicate. I went for the classic 60's look.

Better late than never.....

These are brilliantly realized interpretations, Mr Leitner! Especially Johnny Quick and Owlman...they’re really breathtaking. Wow!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramercyplace View Post
    These are brilliantly realized interpretations, Mr Leitner! Especially Johnny Quick and Owlman...they’re really breathtaking. Wow!!!
    My thoughts as well--what a great set!!
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Fantastic job! I love them.

Great looking custom set, A+ work.

I'm thinking more of this rendition of Owlman. https://pm1.narvii.com/5823/a80198a3...3a690d1_hq.jpg

bleit1701- Wow, just about perfect. The work on the heads is especially impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Kirk View Post
    I'm thinking more of this rendition of Owlman. https://pm1.narvii.com/5823/a80198a3...3a690d1_hq.jpg
    THat is the more intimidating version, and the more difficult to make, methinks. Would make a great figure, though.