• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Capt_Kirk
    Career Member
    • Nov 22, 2011

DC's Crime Syndicate

Hi all and Happy Monday,

I've always loved the DC Crime Syndicate group of bad guys. I also am very intrigued by Thomas Wayne Batman. Has anyone ever given these a shot? I've seen some nice pics online of Thomas Wayne Batman figures out there but, Owlman and Ultraman and others, Not so much.

If any of you customizes were going to create Owlman, which version of costume would you go for and how would you execute it?
    thanks
    Capt_Kirk
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
  • darkbros
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 3, 2012

I'm working on my own set right now, that would resemble bits from various incarnations, ( the Animated Feature JL: Crisis on Two Earths is a strong influence).
    My goal is to make them as dopplegangers to the original 7 WGSH ( Superman, B&R, Aquaman, Spider-Man, Capt. America and Capt. Marvel) plus four others
    (GA, Mary Marvel, GL, and the Flash). So far have been gathering parts and bodies, and begun painting some heads to match my photoshop mockups.
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

I actually have these on my newly resurrected "to do" list. I have an Ultraman started somewhere from many years ago. For the Syndicate, I want to do the classic pre-crisis versions, myself. I don't see any way of avoiding re-sculpting a head for him (no clue how to size up heads like the DC Collectibles one, and I honestly think he's a tad young and square jawed for the version I want). Costume is pretty basic, although the cowl neck on the cape might pose some challenges. I'm thinking of using the skinny body from FTC or maybe just adapt the chest part from a type 1 body to keep him less muscular; he definitely had a slighter build in his early appearances. Mego-type parts are available for a lot of it: gray Batman bodysuit, short cuffed boots, utility belt with the holster from a CHiPs belt. Not sure about the head; he looked late 40's-50's in the original appearances. I'm leaning toward Bones McCoy. The Black Adam Mattel retro head would work, as well as Riker from Rookies, but I have neither of those currently in my heads box (yes, I do have a sewing box with Mego heads on the spindles where thread usually goes. Picture that and sleep well tonight... ). I'm really thinking Bones is the best for the look I want, but that will differ depending on what version your doing.

Comment

• bleit1701
        Career Member
        • Jan 1, 2009

This was my take on the Crime Syndicate. I went for the classic 60's look.

Better late than never.....

Comment

• Gramercyplace
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jan 23, 2012

These are brilliantly realized interpretations, Mr Leitner! Especially Johnny Quick and Owlman...they’re really breathtaking. Wow!!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Gramercyplace
            These are brilliantly realized interpretations, Mr Leitner! Especially Johnny Quick and Owlman...they’re really breathtaking. Wow!!!
            My thoughts as well--what a great set!!
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
              Career Member
              • Nov 22, 2011

Fantastic job! I love them.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Great looking custom set, A+ work.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                  Career Member
                  • Nov 22, 2011

I'm thinking more of this rendition of Owlman. https://pm1.narvii.com/5823/a80198a3...3a690d1_hq.jpg

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

bleit1701- Wow, just about perfect. The work on the heads is especially impressive.

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
                    I'm thinking more of this rendition of Owlman. https://pm1.narvii.com/5823/a80198a3...3a690d1_hq.jpg
                    THat is the more intimidating version, and the more difficult to make, methinks. Would make a great figure, though.

Comment

• fun guy
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 24, 2011

Originally posted by darkbros
                      I'm working on my own set right now, that would resemble bits from various incarnations, ( the Animated Feature JL: Crisis on Two Earths is a strong influence).
                      My goal is to make them as dopplegangers to the original 7 WGSH ( Superman, B&R, Aquaman, Spider-Man, Capt. America and Capt. Marvel) plus four others
                      (GA, Mary Marvel, GL, and the Flash). So far have been gathering parts and bodies, and begun painting some heads to match my photoshop mockups.
                      Cool,man,let's see them!,Great idea!

Comment

• bleit1701
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 1, 2009

I did these a million years ago on Famous Covers bodies. Sorry about the bad pic. I was a using a video camera to document my customs.

Better late than never.....

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                          Career Member
                          • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by bleit1701
                          I did these a million years ago on Famous Covers bodies. Sorry about the bad pic. I was a using a video camera to document my customs.

These are so cool. You're Owlman is almost spot-on to what I want to make. "somebodies Faaaaaaabulious!!!"

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎