Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pgiii
    • Oct 5, 2017

Boxed Human Torch Insert

I have seen these inserts online in both orange and blue colors. We’re there two different colors issued for this figure or is one of them correct and the other wrong?

Thank you in advance for your insight.
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Both color inserts are correct, I believe that the blue inserts were on earlier boxed figures. My boxed Torch has an orange insert FWIW.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
      Both color inserts are correct, I believe that the blue inserts were on earlier boxed figures. My boxed Torch has an orange insert FWIW.
      I think you are correct sir.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I've seen both and I don't like the orange insert. It detracts from the figure IMO and I'm surprised that Mego changed it.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• pgiii
          • Oct 5, 2017

Makes sense, thanks for the info, guys. Does anyone know if this was the only figure where the insert colors changed during the time that Mego was issuing boxes?

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎