Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If the mission is dangerous...GI Joe is on the way

Images
    I take it the Sears version of the Training Center didn't come with the giant snake?

Quote Originally Posted by jwyblejr View Post
    I take it the Sears version of the Training Center didn't come with the giant snake?
    Correct, It also didn't come with the Zip Line set and despite what that catalog picture shows the tower did not have the brace for the zip-line as the top of the tower. I had the Sears set as a kid. It was a blast. Added bonus, the area on the playmat with the white diagonal lines is exactly the same size at the opened AT headquarters, which I also had. The search light in mine was molded in the same color as the tower, orangey-red, not black and white as pictured. There was also a version with a black base and orange light. We used to use the area in the ad where the light is located as the heli-pad for the AT copter. The "lean-to" pictured actually attached to the cave and made a sort of canopy over the entrance. With the HQ, copter and Tower, it made for a great play environment. Wish I still had it.

I must not have had the Sears tower, cause I had the big snake. Yesterday I found the Lost Mummys ATV in a box in the garage.

These are really impressive toys. I think this is the best pre 1980's G.I. Joe toy advertisement that I came across. Two different six-wheel buggies!

That larger wheeled vehicle is really wonderful.