Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If the mission is dangerous...GI Joe is on the way

Plaid Stallions If the mission is dangerous...GI Joe is on the way

Happy GI Joe Friday, this spread is from Christmas 1973. Probably the year I got my first Joe, I was never the same....

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Images
    By the time I was old enough,G.I. Joe was pretty much done. They were on to the Super Joe stuff.

Images
    That "Recovery of the Lost Mummy" set is a whole lotta goodness for $13.99!

Everytime I look at a picture of that Mobile Support Unit I think "I've got to get one of those." And then I think "What the hell would I do with it if I had it?"

Images
    Man if I had the space, I would get so many GIJoe vehicles and playsets!
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

This brings back memories. I had the Recovery of the lost mummy set, the training center and the mobile support unit. Eventually I used all this stuff with my Megos. All I have left is the training tower, the mummy and the foot locker. Good times!!

Images
    I have been in a huge A-Team phase ever since Mego Meet. I even just recently snagged a talking Commander on eBay and could t be more excited. Still say that one might be the coolest figure ever made.

7' x 7 ft. vinyl environment base… That's wild fun! Wow!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bear View Post
    I have been in a huge A-Team phase ever since Mego Meet. I even just recently snagged a talking Commander on eBay and could t be more excited. Still say that one might be the coolest figure ever made.
    Did you get the francophone one? That is a sweet item.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rykerw1701 View Post
    Everytime I look at a picture of that Mobile Support Unit I think "I've got to get one of those." And then I think "What the hell would I do with it if I had it?"
    My thoughts exactly. But everything pictured is pure gold, including the diver which I especially favor. I really like those two outfit sets, too. I have a repro of Jungle Survival and am thinking about recreating Emergency Rescue.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.