Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garfield or Snoopy?

Images

Garfield or Snoopy?

Peanuts or Garfield?

They are both awesome and this is not to insult either one kind of thread. Which did you like best and which TV special was your favorite.

Me, I like Garfield. Still have my little Garfield plush from when I was a kid. So cute. My favorite special is Garfield Halloween. It is SO good and has aged really well. It's funny, spooky and has haunted house and ghost pirates. What's not to love?
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Snoopy all the way for me. Loved the Peanuts and learned to draw them from my Dad. He was a fair imitator of Schulz's style and a big fan so I probably didn't have a choice. Not that I don't appreciate Garfield, though. Just had a big dose of Peanuts early on.
    Got to see some of Tom Everhart's work in Las Vegas in 2012 and it really made me remember how much I love Peanuts.

Mark Evanier has done a great job keeping Garfield going on TV with voice work coming from some of the greats of TV. Sadly, several of them have died recently like Chuck McCann, Rose Marie, and June Foray.

Images
    Blog Entries
    All in on Peanuts, but I like Garfield too. Charlie Brown Christmas by a mile for my favorite cartoon. My family likes the Garfield movies that Bill Murray voiced.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I loved Snoopy, then moved onto Garfield and now I'm all about Bill the cat.

Images
    Snoopy

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    Never read or seen Garfield or Heathcliff when they got popular in the 80's…

For the longest time I thought they were the same character with different names
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    I'm more of a Peanuts guy, but I like both, and I had collections of both as a kid, but I had more Peanuts books and merchandise, despite having the 80s mandatory-issued suction-cup Garfield.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Snoopy easily!

Images
    Snoopy was the man (Dog) when I was a kid but as I got older I loved Garfield's attitude.

Snoopy hands down.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"