• EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Another Imaginext nod to the past

Apologies if someone already posted

• ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

It's really cool. They also did the Adventure People Alpha Star Astronaut in Imaginext. The people who run Mattel's "kiddie" lines seem to get it more than the people who run their collector lines. Lots of neat hidden gems.

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

That is awesome!

I loved The Adventure People. I must have been out of that phase by the time the X-Ray People came out, though. Had to look those up.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

These are really cool to see. They should make some other adventure people.

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• TomStrong
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2011

Really cool.

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

I bought him! He's sooo good! I hope they do the robot girl as well.
            I also picked up the M.U.S.C.L.E. Men Imaginext blind bag, which I thought was another fun not to earlier toylines.

Next on my wishlist... the blind bag Supergirl!
            And Green Arrow, also!

36250822_10217144670476737_7054214510705377280_n.jpg

And I agree with the above sentiments about how the people in the "kiddie" line seem to be making cooler stuff than those in the older/collector lines.
            I wish I had discovered Imaginext earlier than I did, or at least committed to getting into it when I first noticed them on the shelves.
            I don't have much room for the playsets and vehicles, even though some of them are really cool.
            But I've managed to put together a small collection of figures that make me happy.
            So many throwbacks... I am guessing the Imaginext folks are "us," dipping into their own nostalgia and making things that the parents will notice as much as the kids.

I still need a Vixen, if there's anyone in Canada who has an extra they'd care to part with...
            I can buy or trade.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

My big miss so far is Cheetah. You really need to pay attention because some of their stuff comes and goes so fast. It seems that scalpers are starting to zero in on the hotter pieces too.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                It seems that scalpers are starting to zero in on the hotter pieces too.
                Ugh, people scalping a child's toy line. That's pathetic and gross.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

It really is a challenge. For one thing, distribution is both spotty and limited. Also, as Hammer notes, the secondary market is now involved and it aint pretty. I haven't even seen Blind Bag wave 11 stocked around me.

I couldn't find a Man-Ray mobile and Dirty Bubble for love or money. Well, I only tried money, but still...

I think, too that loss of retailers has had an impact: TRU and K-Mart had large Imaginext sections. Target and Wal-Mart have scaled back. Only Big Lots has seemed to stock small amounts of new product. Kohl's is still pretty reliable.
                  Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 27, '18, 3:41 PM.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Godzilla
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 3, 2002

No way! That is fantastic. Fisher Price Adventure People can never get enough love.
                    Mortui Vivos Docent
                    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

That's awesome.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Those are spiffy!
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• tmthor
                          God of Knock-offs
                          • Nov 29, 2005

and here is an Imaginex homages to a Battle Beast
                          imaginex.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎