Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supergirl (and Poison Ivy) Have Arrived!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

Ugh,I really dislike crooked emblems....grrrr; I feel for you.

Comment

• Mary Canary
      Career Member
      • Jun 21, 2017

She also seems to have Flashdance-neck with regard to her costume's top.
      My gosh, how big is the neck opening on that thing?

I hate that you've had to go through this experience, because I've been there, but I think just seeing your posts has convinced me to pass on this figure.
      It's too bad, too, because Supergirl is my favorite. But after my Lex Luthor / Apache Chief debacle, I'm just very leery of buying FTC's stuff now.
      It's too much of a risk. You're right - $29.99 is too much to pay for an inferior figure.
      I know they are meant to resemble the playline figures they were based on, but 30 bucks is too much to pay for things to be jenky, and then for the replacement to be jenky...
      or for their customer service to completely blow you off or ignore your concerns...
      It just makes me mad.

FTC, you are killing yourselves with your lack of customer care and quality control. People WANT to enjoy your figures, but you **** everyone off.

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

Hen I got my,new super girl (skirt version ) she looked fine.i ordered another for a loose figure .cause its rather nice.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Is the new supergirl on Amazon? I only see the original.
          JediJaida

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by JediJaida
            Is the new supergirl on Amazon? I only see the original.
            No, I haven’t see her there, unfortunately

Comment

• Gramercyplace
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jan 23, 2012

It’s always something. If I order a set of boots, one will be come split. If I order a repro Shazam outfit, they send me a Superman one instead. I’ve received brand new packaged figures with decapitated heads, or detached arms, or missing accessories...without exception, there’s always something off. It’s very frustrating. It’s almost as if they have a poorly trained chimpanzee packaging their orders. This can’t possibly be a giant company, so I would assume that the few employees they have would take more pride in the products that serve such a uniquely particular and tiny market space. I wish they would care more.

Comment

• MEMEGO
                Career Member
                • Sep 6, 2007

Never Fear The Real Mego Corp will be back in a few days, and not a moment to late.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Gramercyplace
                  It’s always something. If I order a set of boots, one will be come split. If I order a repro Shazam outfit, they send me a Superman one instead. I’ve received brand new packaged figures with decapitated heads, or detached arms, or missing accessories...without exception, there’s always something off. It’s very frustrating. It’s almost as if they have a poorly trained chimpanzee packaging their orders. This can’t possibly be a giant company, so I would assume that the few employees they have would take more pride in the products that serve such a uniquely particular and tiny market space. I wish they would care more.
                  Yes, when I order parts from CTVT, I usually place a large order at once, and I almost always get a wrong part. And what gets me is that they are always working on a solution to THEIR mistake that benefits them more than the customer. I wish they would care more too. It is very frustrating. Especially because they have the ability to do better. Filling an order should not be that hard, so that makes no sense. But this Supergirl? Great idea! Not the perfect execution (as Mary Canary points out with the neck hole of the outfit), but the thought is there, from the improved belt loops on the skirt (as compared to Superman), the re-use of the Wonder Woman boots, the wire in the cape, right down to the repainted head.

And then it all goes to pot because of the lack of quality control, delivering expensive figures with loose threads and the costume coming apart, and misaligned logos. It gives the impression of a lack of caring, when the design and thought that went into this figure says the opposite.

I just don't get it.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

On the plus side (?) I took Gramercyplace's Poison Ivy idea and swapped the head with the Kresge Mary Marvel head... I still need to figure out keeping the headband on and fixing the chest area.

That allowed me to put the Oz Glinda head on the Mary Marvel, which is something I have been wanting to do and it meets my expectation of how I feel Mary Marvel should look.

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

these things some folks are complaining about.not getting the right stuff ordered broken figures and other issues are confusing.
                      why am I so fortunate not to experience these things .i buy figures and parts and accessories a lot.and I always get what was
                      ordered..the figures are not broken.they may sometimes come positioned in the package distorted.but .their easy to fix to pose them in the package which is collector friendly. So far so good everytime.just placed another order .

Comment

• Mary Canary
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by Gramercyplace
                        This. Exactly this. They can't be a giant company... and even if they were, Mattel seems to do ok with putting together a Barbie! I have to think their operation is small and using the cheapest factory in China they could find, which maybe explains some of the quality issues with the clothing and the figures. But even then, doesn't someone check this stuff as it gets shipped? "Oh, it's a Shazam costume, not a Superman costume. Oh, that boot is broken. Oh, the factory really fudged the insignia on this one."

I just don't understand why they don't show more pride in their product and more care for their customer base. You can only shrug your shoulders so many times before you chase away your buyers.

And yes, Mego Corp will be back in a few days... but if they aren't producing the DC Characters some of us want, we're kind of left out and stuck with FTC. I personally can't afford to buy a $30 figure from FTC and then buy another figure from a different company to swap bodies or make modifications. That's why I plead for FTC to do better!

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by tllgn
                          these things some folks are complaining about.not getting the right stuff ordered broken figures and other issues are confusing.
                          why am I so fortunate not to experience these things .i buy figures and parts and accessories a lot.and I always get what was
                          ordered..the figures are not broken.they may sometimes come positioned in the package distorted.but .their easy to fix to pose them in the package which is collector friendly. So far so good everytime.just placed another order .
                          Luck of the draw. I couldn't understand some of the complaints early on because I never had any major issues with my orders, although most at the time the figures were not directly from FTC. Yes, I had some bodies that were strung too tight, maybe one too loose, but nothing I couldn't deal with.

Then, one day...

That's why I like to post pictures (remember my Flash sticky boots?). But it's still hard to fathom some of the complaints made until you actually start to experience them. I hope you never do.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by tllgn
                            Same here! No problems at all... And great customer service... We must be the few lucky...
                            If I had half the bad luck many here have I would stop buying FTC Re-Megos right away and buy Hot Toys stuff instead...

Comment

• tllgn
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 6, 2010

I don't believe its luck of the draw.for over 4 years .i wish I had that kinda luck with the lottery.just got a package from ftc
                              everything ordered just like the invoice states .got my super girl.boxed poison ivy.and accessories and parts .seems like good
                              control for their customers on what they get.thanks ftc.

Comment

• darkbros
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 3, 2012

What ever BoyWonder or tlgn has they need to bottle it up in a lotion and sell it to the rest of us so that we can coat our hands with it before we place / click/ type an order out to FTC.

You'd think as many Bad FTC orders I have had ( and numerous calling out on their FaceBook and Amazon pages) that they would see an order with my name on it and my address and go
                                "oh S#%$%^! it's that Guy again, we better walk his order through EXTRA Carefully!" instead of " oh its that guy again. Give it to Monkey 7 to fufill, he'll pack it extra F!@#$$%d!"

What I would love to see come out of the new Mego is Doc's quality, at FTC's prices. Yeah, I said it. Doc's quality is the holy grail when it comes to boots, suits, heads, etc.
                                but the costs makes having to save up to make a one time big order with Doc. If Doc's prices were comparable to FTC's, I say eff 'em and order from Doc the majority of the time.
                                That's the only reason many of us put up with FTC...cost. As far as their figure offerings are concerned, their are WAAAY cheaper ways to get their figures with patience and a little
                                know how. But for Custom parts ( boots, belts, capes, etc) the only reason we deal with them is costs.
                                Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                                https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                                "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎