Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supergirl (and Poison Ivy) Have Arrived!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Your pal, Jim
    Museum Patron
    • Apr 3, 2015

My Supergirls finally arrived last night!

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
      Museum Patron
      • Apr 3, 2015

(it took me so long to get the green & orange Supergirl to stand on her own I almost ran out of daylight to mow my lawn)

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

I think both costumes look pretty nice QC aside, but the head sculpts are dreadful. Shame.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

The orange and green Supergirl is a flop. Nice concept, bad execution.

The new red and blue Supergirl is pretty nice. Except for that flippity hair do.
          JediJaida

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

I like the flippity hair.
            I actually wish my repro-Supergirl had a better flip... her hair isn't bad but it doesn't have that groovy look to it that the original Mego girls had.

I just can't figure out why this new Supergirl seems so tall, even with heels.
            I know the orange and green is on the teen body, but still...
            Maybe she comes on the new Giganta body. ^.~

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

The size of the head throws off the height.
              JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I'm with Mary, I love the MTM-Mego flip. It's classic Mego to me. Hairbands, too.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

[QUOTE=TRDouble;1366176]A couple of Supergirl comparison pictures for your enjoyment!

Old & New Supergirl:
                  IMG_8681.jpg/QUOTE]

Can't help it, I see the original Supergirl with the neck sunken in to the torso, and all I can hear is Michelangelo yelling, "I love being a Turtle!!!!"

The new head is the same as their standard Mego repro, though, right? Just slightly different paint apps?

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

[QUOTE=scott metzger;1366720]
                    Originally posted by TRDouble
                    A couple of Supergirl comparison pictures for your enjoyment!

Old & New Supergirl:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23063[/ATTACH]/QUOTE]

Can't help it, I see the original Supergirl with the neck sunken in to the torso, and all I can hear is Michelangelo yelling, "I love being a Turtle!!!!"

The new head is the same as their standard Mego repro, though, right? Just slightly different paint apps?
                    Exactly, same head, different paint apps.

The neck probably accounts for the difference in height; new Supergirl's neck is not sunken into the torso.

I will have to pull out a few of the other FTC female figures and do a comparison of them once I get my replacement Supergirl. I believe Catwoman appears taller because of her neck too.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                      Career Member
                      • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by darkbros
                      Here is Gramercyplace's Take on Poison Ivy, describing the changes he made to the FTC figure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23086[/ATTACH]
                      This is a very nice face sculpt. They did a good job on the whole figure. Why is the face and hair different from the bagged version?!? The first PI you posted, She has a smile and appears a bit "frumpy" for lack of a better word. This one is great. I'll have to get one. thanks for sharing.
                      Last edited by Capt_Kirk; Jun 29, '18, 1:54 PM.
                      "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
                        This is a very nice face sculpt. They did a good job on the whole figure. Why is the face and hair different from the bagged version?!? The first PI you posted, She has a smile and appears a bit "frumpy" for lack of a better word. This one is great. I'll have to get one. thanks for sharing.
                        That's a modification by Gramercyplace. The bagged version I showed is the same as the packaged version from FTC. Gramercyplace swapped heads, along with other improvements.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                          Career Member
                          • Nov 22, 2011

So does that mean if I buy one from figures toy company I will get the 1st version "bagged"
                          "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Gramercyplace
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Jan 23, 2012

I’m afraid so. However, the more suitable head is sold separately for $6 on the CTVT website. :(
                            Last edited by Gramercyplace; Jun 30, '18, 2:56 AM.

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

I just ordered a couple of heads from CTVT. I usually put them on the Rood Speel bodies.
                              JediJaida

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

I received my replacement Supergirl the other day and finally had the courage to open the box today

I think I will be ordering from Amazon.com from now on, at least the figures, if at all.

On my new Supergirl, the cape is attached, but the "S" is Super crooked. Like...

FTC Supergirl Crooked 1.jpg
                                FTC Supergirl Crooked 2.jpg

As a replacement, you'd think they would try and pick one in as perfect shape as possible.

I like the figure overall. The dress variant was a nice idea. But these are too expensive to get crap product. PLUS I paid return shipping, which I will not do this time. And yes, there is a 90% chance this goes back for a refund and I just move on from the figure. At $29.99, I expect better than this for my money. I can deal with the jacked up bodies to a certain degree, but the costumes better be right.

Sheesh! C'mon, FTC, you have to do better!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎