Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supergirl (and Poison Ivy) Have Arrived!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gramercyplace
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 23, 2012

149C73BB-5DF3-4D19-A256-E854CE056D18.jpg
    The IG head is a bit sophisticated looking for a youthful character like Mary Marvel...but more importantly, she isn’t a red head! In my opinion, the brunette Dollikin head is perfect for this character.

Comment

• darkbros
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by Gramercyplace
      I got one of the Mary Marvel (Invisible Girl sculpt) carrot-haired heads to replace that monstrous Daisy Duke head. Also, the FTC body had to go in place of an original Mego one. A little double sided tape on the bust works nicely to keep the costume in its proper place! Now I love her!
      Mike, send me a Pic and I'll post it to the thread.

And yes, after finally getting it in my hands, the Carrot Haired Mary Marvel ( their Kregse Carded version) is perfect for Ivy, Mera, Maxima, and Black Widow.
      Changed my stance on that head for sure.
      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by TRDouble
        Thanks.

I usually get a replacement from FTC, but it's always a hassle with shipping. I always end up paying to ship it back (which is ridiculous when it's an issue with THEIR QC, not a change-my-mind return) and then they want to see if they can ship it with a future order to save THEM money.
        Next time order your loose bagged figures on Amazon, and file an A to Z claim, if not correct. Remember my thread on my Cyborg / Capt. Sivana issues? I bought both loose bagged from FTC via Amazon, and when they weren't right,
        I filed an A to Z with Amazon. FTC had to suck it and pay for shipping BOTH ways to fix their mess, because Amazon doesn't play that.
        Plus, you can use your Amazon Points to buy figures, and when you leave a review of the figures, you can explain the QC issues, which will hopefully force them to fix them. Win Win.

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
          Museum Patron
          • Apr 3, 2015

Originally posted by darkbros
          Next time order your loose bagged figures on Amazon, and file an A to Z claim, if not correct. Remember my thread on my Cyborg / Capt. Sivana issues? I bought both loose bagged from FTC via Amazon, and when they weren't right,
          I filed an A to Z with Amazon. FTC had to suck it and pay for shipping BOTH ways to fix their mess, because Amazon doesn't play that.
          Plus, you can use your Amazon Points to buy figures, and when you leave a review of the figures, you can explain the QC issues, which will hopefully force them to fix them. Win Win.
          Whoa, nice!

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Yes, I remember that thread and it definitely came to mind after I opened Ivy and Supergirl. I may have to go that way from now on, just for the return policy.

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by Gramercyplace
              I got one of the Mary Marvel (Invisible Girl sculpt) carrot-haired heads to replace that monstrous Daisy Duke head. Also, the FTC body had to go in place of an original Mego one. A little double sided tape on the bust works nicely to keep the costume in its proper place! Now I love her!
              Here is Gramercyplace's Take on Poison Ivy, describing the changes he made to the FTC figure.

poison_ivy1.jpg

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

That's a great Poison Ivy. Wonderful!

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Much nicer Poison Ivy! Thanks darkbros and great job, Gramercyplace. I will be stealing that recipe (last post, page 1) to fix my Ivy.

Comment

• Gramercyplace
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Jan 23, 2012

There’s something slightly femme fatale about the IG head that makes her more suitable for villain characters more so than heroic ones(imo). . Also, the paint apps on this Mary Marvel noggin are more vivid and vastly superior to the other IG heads they created specifically for individual sale on the CTVT website. If the quality had been more consistent I would have found more uses for their other offerings (but I suppose that could be said of their entire catalog of “just missed” opportunities).

Comment

• comicmike
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by TRDouble
                      And I added Poison Ivy because MAAAAAN, is this a bad figure! ...I present loose, "factory bag" Poison Ivy...
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]23066[/ATTACH]
                      Originally posted by JediJaida
                      Poison Ivy makes me think of Matt Smith in drag! What an ugly sculpt!
                      Can't stop LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
                      Last edited by comicmike; Jun 27, '18, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• MegoRobyn
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 28, 2016

Tragic about Poison Ivy.

I like those Supergirl boots but I'm sad about that head and the poor tailoring of the outfit.

Comment

• MegoRobyn
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 28, 2016

Here is Gramercyplace's Take on Poison Ivy, describing the changes he made to the FTC figure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23086[/ATTACH]
                          Oh, she looks great!

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23086[/ATTACH]

Now that's so much better, even if FTC used this head instead of DD I still don't think they would have done it this good,
                            nice job.

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Muuuch better!
                              JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Much better, indeed.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎