Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DC 100 Page Giants return at Walmart

Images
    Haven't found these at my Walmarts either.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Just some notes for those looking for them...

they will be in a self-contained display box that looks like this:

that box will be on a shelf in the collectible aisle located near the check out lines (with Magic the gathering, Yuh Gi Oh cards, baseball cards, etc. , not in the book section, toy section or electronic/media section.

The display box looks like it only holds 5 copies of each title, so that may be all that each store gets in its initial shipment (so a flipper only has to drop about $100 to clean out the display).

Teen Titans is proving to be the hardest to find and is going for the most on ebay.

No word yet whether they will get restocked with the same issues when they are sold out of if it will remain empty until the next issues are released.

-M

Images
    Thanks for the pic and the location. I looked all over my two nearest Walmarts, but, as I said, found squat. Flippers are evil little trolls who are, by and large, going to prevent this venture from reintroducing comics to the masses IMHO.
    Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Images
    I double-checked today, and nothing in that collectibles/card aisle. I also checked the self-checkout as I heard some folks found them there. Nada. :-(

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Blog Entries
    If I found these it would be one of the few times I actually do Self-CheckOut
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Images
    Mine only had Justice League and Superman.

Images
    Not even a space on the shelf for them at my Walmart.

Images
    Blog Entries
    my WM had them and I flipped thru them and put them back. Really bland modern comics
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    my WM had them and I flipped thru them and put them back. Really bland modern comics
    And the kids today who they are targeted at would probably do the same if they flipped through one of your favorite comics from your childhood, especially with the faded muddy colors on newsprint. Times change and so do audience tastes. These shouldn't be produced to meet the tastes of comics readers who grew up inthe 70s but for the tastes of potential comic readers who are kids now. And those kids would want nothing to do with a Bronze Age comic and its production standards or look.

-M

Images
    Blog Entries
    funny that most of the toys and clip art on products are now based on Bronze age classic interpretations. The comics I looked at were muddy art wise with no excitement.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks