Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

That's really a shame. Some people just really suck!

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Don't be suprised if this happends with the new mego figures too.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

didn't really happen with the Mattel retro figures so I don't know if it would for Mego. Depends on the lines.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

We went up to my in-laws this morning (about a 45 minute drive away), and had to run to the Wal*Mart there to get a prescription for my mother-in-law and checked that store for these 100 page giants and was able to find 3 of the 4 (Batman, Superman & Justice League). No sign of the Teen Titans book and after I picked up 1 of each, there were only 1 Batman and Superman copies left and 2 Justice League, so they seem to be selling where available even when not being bought up by flippers.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

I’ve checked two of my local Walmarts and haven’t seen hide nor hair of these so I guess they are a victim of the eBayers, as well. Shame—-I would’ve liked to have at least checked these out...
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Haven't found these at my Walmarts either.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

Just some notes for those looking for them...

they will be in a self-contained display box that looks like this:

that box will be on a shelf in the collectible aisle located near the check out lines (with Magic the gathering, Yuh Gi Oh cards, baseball cards, etc. , not in the book section, toy section or electronic/media section.

The display box looks like it only holds 5 copies of each title, so that may be all that each store gets in its initial shipment (so a flipper only has to drop about $100 to clean out the display).

Teen Titans is proving to be the hardest to find and is going for the most on ebay.

No word yet whether they will get restocked with the same issues when they are sold out of if it will remain empty until the next issues are released.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

Thanks for the pic and the location. I looked all over my two nearest Walmarts, but, as I said, found squat. Flippers are evil little trolls who are, by and large, going to prevent this venture from reintroducing comics to the masses IMHO.
                  sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I double-checked today, and nothing in that collectibles/card aisle. I also checked the self-checkout as I heard some folks found them there. Nada. :-(

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• WannabeMego
                      Made in the USA
                      • May 2, 2003

If I found these it would be one of the few times I actually do Self-CheckOut
                      Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Mine only had Justice League and Superman.

Comment

• knight errant00
                          8 Inch Action Figure
                          • Nov 15, 2005

Not even a space on the shelf for them at my Walmart.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

my WM had them and I flipped thru them and put them back. Really bland modern comics
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              my WM had them and I flipped thru them and put them back. Really bland modern comics
                              And the kids today who they are targeted at would probably do the same if they flipped through one of your favorite comics from your childhood, especially with the faded muddy colors on newsprint. Times change and so do audience tastes. These shouldn't be produced to meet the tastes of comics readers who grew up inthe 70s but for the tastes of potential comic readers who are kids now. And those kids would want nothing to do with a Bronze Age comic and its production standards or look.

-M

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

funny that most of the toys and clip art on products are now based on Bronze age classic interpretations. The comics I looked at were muddy art wise with no excitement.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎