Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DC 100 Page Giants return at Walmart

Images
    They had tons of them at my local Walmart.

Images
    Blog Entries
    they were out of Titans, guess that is the scalper's dream there.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    funny that most of the toys and clip art on products are now based on Bronze age classic interpretations. The comics I looked at were muddy art wise with no excitement.
    For DC yes, for Marvel it is mostly the cinematic versions, and I suspect it would be for DC too if the movies had been better received. The current DC style guide though is based on the looks circa 2005, though more and more the trunkless Batman look from circa 2012 is coming into it. Justice League images include Cyborg now for licensing, etc. They are moving away from the look, and more and more the look for products aimed at kids are taking on the style of the animated series not the comics.

Toys and stuff aimed at the collector's market still gravitate a bit towards Bronze Age, but mass market products are moving past that towards the newer looks and will continue to do so. I don't remember stuff when we were kids hearkening to the Golden Age looks, and there have been more years between the Bronze Age and now than there were between the Golden Age and when I was a kid in the 70s, so I don't see the style guide remaining 30-40 years out of date if they want to appeal to a younger demographic to become future customers to replace those of us aging out and making our final exits.

-M

I have picked up all 4 of the issues and yes the Teen Titans were the first to go, it might not be flippers but actual readers who picked them up.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Images
    My local Walmart never did get these in and that surprised me because I have seen DC Rebirth 3-packs there in the fairly recent past.

To be truthful the pt 1 of the original stories were just ok, nothing to get excited about and that is a shame for what these writers keep hyping on. I hope they pick up in pt 2.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Found a Teen Titans #1 today down Dayton way, so now have all for of the first issues. I read and enjoyed the three I had. Nice little package that should appeal to casual readers and introduce them to a number of DC characters and stories, and hopefully create enough interest they seek out more. The ads DC placed are strategically located and point readers to where they can get the rest of the stories (i.e. which trades to seek out) if they don;t want to wait for future issues of the 100 page giants, so hopefully these will bear some fruit in growing future readership and sales.

-M

Second issues of Superman and Justice League are out. Found them today. Batman and Teen Titans #2 should hit in 2 weeks.

-M

Images
    Blog Entries
    These are probably going to be interesting. I'll have to grab a copy