Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

They had tons of them at my local Walmart.
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

they were out of Titans, guess that is the scalper's dream there.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        funny that most of the toys and clip art on products are now based on Bronze age classic interpretations. The comics I looked at were muddy art wise with no excitement.
        For DC yes, for Marvel it is mostly the cinematic versions, and I suspect it would be for DC too if the movies had been better received. The current DC style guide though is based on the looks circa 2005, though more and more the trunkless Batman look from circa 2012 is coming into it. Justice League images include Cyborg now for licensing, etc. They are moving away from the look, and more and more the look for products aimed at kids are taking on the style of the animated series not the comics.

Toys and stuff aimed at the collector's market still gravitate a bit towards Bronze Age, but mass market products are moving past that towards the newer looks and will continue to do so. I don't remember stuff when we were kids hearkening to the Golden Age looks, and there have been more years between the Bronze Age and now than there were between the Golden Age and when I was a kid in the 70s, so I don't see the style guide remaining 30-40 years out of date if they want to appeal to a younger demographic to become future customers to replace those of us aging out and making our final exits.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

I have picked up all 4 of the issues and yes the Teen Titans were the first to go, it might not be flippers but actual readers who picked them up.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

My local Walmart never did get these in and that surprised me because I have seen DC Rebirth 3-packs there in the fairly recent past.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

To be truthful the pt 1 of the original stories were just ok, nothing to get excited about and that is a shame for what these writers keep hyping on. I hope they pick up in pt 2.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

Found a Teen Titans #1 today down Dayton way, so now have all for of the first issues. I read and enjoyed the three I had. Nice little package that should appeal to casual readers and introduce them to a number of DC characters and stories, and hopefully create enough interest they seek out more. The ads DC placed are strategically located and point readers to where they can get the rest of the stories (i.e. which trades to seek out) if they don;t want to wait for future issues of the 100 page giants, so hopefully these will bear some fruit in growing future readership and sales.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Second issues of Superman and Justice League are out. Found them today. Batman and Teen Titans #2 should hit in 2 weeks.

-M

Comment

• glimpy
                    Loco Chango
                    • Feb 5, 2012

These are probably going to be interesting. I'll have to grab a copy
                    sigpic

Comment

• MRP
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2016

DC revamped/expanded the line with this month's releases. Justice League Giant is gone, in it's place there is a Wonder Woman Giant and a Flash Giant now. #1 for each was just released alongside Superman and Batman #8. Teen Titans Ginat ende with #7 replaced with Titans Giant #1 (probably to reflect the TV show title). And the last new launch is Swamp Thing Giant #1. All were available tonight at Wal Mart on my way home form work.

What I cannot find anywhere though is Superman Giant #7. There was some controversy over the new lead story in it, and either every Wal Mart int he area I visited didn't get it, or they all sold out the first day or three. I visited six different Wal Marts and none had it. It's the first Wal Mart release I missed. If anyone has an extra copy they were willing to part with for sale or trade, or sees one available as a Wal Mart, drop me a line and let me know.

-M

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                        Banned
                        • Jun 23, 2001

I know Walmart is this thread...but Target has an all original comic exclusive with Primal Age and it has all the veteran artists and writers you could dream of in one collection. The whole book is all-new story. Some of the artists and writers are Keith Pollard, Jerry Ordway, Marv Wolfman, Louise Simonson and a few more. It's $10...but well spent and something you and your kids, if you have kids, can read and enjoy together.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

10 bucks is just ridiculous for a comic book.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ScottA
                            Original Member
                            • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                            I know Walmart is this thread...but Target has an all original comic exclusive with Primal Age and it has all the veteran artists and writers you could dream of in one collection. The whole book is all-new story. Some of the artists and writers are Keith Pollard, Jerry Ordway, Marv Wolfman, Louise Simonson and a few more. It's $10...but well spent and something you and your kids, if you have kids, can read and enjoy together.
                            I bought this at Target. It's a pretty good read and reads like an "Elseworld" story. I've never seen any DC comics at any of my Walmarts.
                            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by ScottA
                              I bought this at Target. It's a pretty good read and reads like an "Elseworld" story. I've never seen any DC comics at any of my Walmarts.
                              They are usually located inthe little collectible aisle up front by the self-checkout with the MAgic, Yuh Gi Oh and Pokemon cards, not in the book/magazine or toy sections. They have a cardboard settee that sits on the shelf that looks like this...

-M

Comment

• ScottA
                                Original Member
                                • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by MRP
                                They are usually located inthe little collectible aisle up front by the self-checkout with the MAgic, Yuh Gi Oh and Pokemon cards, not in the book/magazine or toy sections. They have a cardboard settee that sits on the shelf that looks like this...

-M
                                Thanks. I will have to look next time I'm there. Our Walmarts are pretty bad about those sections.
                                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎