X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Pod Stallions 63: Convention Stories

The last PodStallions we did was so much fun, we rushed back to do another, look at us being proactive! This week’s show is all about conventions and toy shows.

We explore our humble first conventions (which were mind blowing to us then) and eventually get all the way to modern tales of San Diego comic con.

Along the way we talk about celebrity encounters, being a dealer, terrible conventions, John Colicos, Colin Baker, Jon Pertwee, spending all our money, getting drunk and renting adult videos? How did we even? Nevermind.

Please join us on the Pod Stallions Facebook page and let us know what you think!
    give us spirited debate on our facebook wall.

Plenty more content on the PodStallions Facebook page!

PODSTALLIONS ON ITUNES
    PODSTALLIONS RSS FEED

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Thank you!!!! Downloading now! Your last one on action figure collecting was great.

I love your shows. This may be an obvious question, but I've always wondered, does Jason pronounce robot "Robut" on purpose? I love that.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Great episode, with some GREAT stories. Some serious highs (Pertwee? That's NUTS!) and lows (Virgil. I've seen it too).

I think I'm the only person who has a good David Prowse story. But then he was the ONE guest at the comic shop I worked at, and he was being catered to, and holding court, so maybe he was in a happier place. Either way, sorry for your wife, but I'm glad I was able to dodge that Lightsaber.

I mispronounced Frank Gorshin's Bele character name in front of him, and he politely corrected me. It'd been a while since I'd seen that particular TOS episode! He and Adam West were great, and that was probably me at my most fanboyed out.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

I believe Jon Bogdanove was the FF/ X-Men artist.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

I'm just gonna put this right here.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I enjoyed this; the Pertwee anecdote was heartwarming to me--he's my favorite Doctor.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎