Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Legend of the Lone Ranger

Images
    I have always loved this movie and the sound track. its a highly underrated movie.

The 2003 Lone Ranger isn't terrible by any means, but having LR and Tonto face these major life experiences at such a young age means the timeline of the story seems to be altered to fit this formula. In that respect, the comparison to Smallville seems quite accurate.

Obviously the stories from the classic tv series will be very different today, but I'd like to see a tough, masculine actor in the vein of a Clayton Moore or John Hart cast as LR/Reid. The Johnny Depp portrayal of Tonto was deemed disrespectful by some viewers and whether intentional or not, gave the suggested appearance that it was a mockery of Native American customs and practices.

Images
    the biggest issue with the Depp movie, if they tried to make it a comedy. casting Reid as a buffoon and Tonto as a mad man. I like the movie for what it is, but it is not a Lone Ranger movie