Quote Originally Posted by The Bat View Post
I loved TNG, watched every episode and re-runs...but for some reason I just can't get excited about it coming back? I guess I'd just rather see a Star Trek TV series or movies set in TOS timeline.
I always thought a show based on the Excelsior with Captain Sulu back in the 90's would've worked. Pardon the pun but, "That ship as sailed" Maybe a brand new ship captained by someone we are familiar with. Like Captain Riker or even Captain Crusher. We all know from that final episode "All good things" She goes on to Captain her own vessel. There could be crew members we've seen before and cameos from other people in the Trek universe. As long as they are diverse with showing a lot of other worlds like Vulcans, Klingons and others. The key to Trek is good crew chemistry and great stories. If they can find that, they can pull it off. Enterprise wasn't a bad show. IMO, they had some poor choices for crew members and they didn't stick with the true history of the Star Trek Universe. There are a lot of fans that didn't like an Enterprise in the past that had never been talked about before. They could've used any other name and I bet you a stack of credits, it' would've worked much better.