• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Remco Monster
    GLOWS in the Dark!
    • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by Mikey
    I didn't mind the BBP line

It was just enough imperfect to be quaint in a vintage way.
    I didn’t like the way they modified Bionic Bigfoot’s legs to be taller and the body suit made him look like an over stuffed teddy bear, and I didn’t like Steve’s head sculpt or shirt. They just could have been much nicer, while still looking vintage. Zica nailed it with their 3 3/4” line.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by bgiles73
      James Bond would be great.
      Yes!! Lots of possibilities there! Lots of different Bonds, Villains and GIRLS!!
      sigpic

Comment

• Remco Monster
        GLOWS in the Dark!
        • May 3, 2006

Charlie’s Angels!

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

I second Charlie's Angels !

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

I would be interested in Charlie's Angels, but only if they make Tiffany and Julie figures. They were the least popular Angels, though, and not very many people remember them, except die-hard fans. I have the original Hasbro figures. They weren't Megos, but were in the Mego-style. They are very nice likeness of the actresses, but they only did Jill, Sabrina, Kelly and Kris. You can find lots of loose figures on ebay, and they are relatively inexpensive. Even the carded ones aren't too expensive. I'm quite satisfied with them, and I doubt Mego could improve on the old Hasbro ones.

Comment

• Remco Monster
              GLOWS in the Dark!
              • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by RonnyG
              I would be interested in Charlie's Angels, but only if they make Tiffany and Julie figures. They were the least popular Angels, though, and not very many people remember them, except die-hard fans. I have the original Hasbro figures. They weren't Megos, but were in the Mego-style. They are very nice likeness of the actresses, but they only did Jill, Sabrina, Kelly and Kris. You can find lots of loose figures on ebay, and they are relatively inexpensive. Even the carded ones aren't too expensive. I'm quite satisfied with them, and I doubt Mego could improve on the old Hasbro ones.
              Hasbro's were great, but they are out of scale with Mego at 9". I agree the Hasbro likenesses are quite good.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Charlie's Angels would be an interesting addition to new mego, and as mentioned also including Tiffany and Julie, I did like Shelly Hack who was the model in the Charlie's perfume commercial, but unfortunately she replaced Kate Jackson who was my favorite of the bunch, but then Shelly Hack (aka) Tiffany Wells leaves and is replaced by Julie Roberts, her real name I can't remember, but her character really never fitted in and by that time the show was on its way out, too bad Kate Jackson left, the show might have lasted longer.

If mego ever decided to create these, you can't forget about Bosley who was on the show for the entire series run, and although we never actually saw Charlie (John Forsythe) I think new mego could come up with something, plus a intercom phone as an added accessory.

Comment

• RonnyG
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                  If mego ever decided to create these, you can't forget about Bosley who was on the show for the entire series run, and although we never actually saw Charlie (John Forsythe) I think new mego could come up with something, plus a intercom phone as an added accessory.
                  I want a Townsend Agency playset complete with Bosley's desk so you can put Charlie's intercom on top, and over-stuffed chairs for the Angels, and a mini-bar for Sabrina, of course!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

although we never actually saw Charlie (John Forsythe) I think new mego could come up with something, plus a intercom phone as an added accessory.
                    I think he actually was shown in one episode. I'm not sure which one.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                      I think he actually was shown in one episode. I'm not sure which one.
                      I think it was the very last episode, when Kelly was shot in the head and finally came out of her coma in the hospital
                      and Charlie and the Doctor were standing by her bed, I think she even said Charlie? and he said something like
                      welcome back angel.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

I think it was the very last episode, when Kelly was shot in the head and finally came out of her coma in the hospital
                        and Charlie and the Doctor were standing by her bed, I think she even said Charlie? and he said something like
                        welcome back angel.
                        I think he was in an episode where the Angels just miss him in a restaurant, where he was meeting with Bosley. He was shown in the background. I remember my mom pointing it out when I was a kid, but I didn't know who he was and didn't know which guy it was. I don't think I've watched the series since it originally aired. Maybe a few episodes, but that's it.
                        Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jul 18, '18, 8:18 PM.

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                          I think he was in an episode where the Angels just miss him in a restaurant, where he was meeting with Bosley. He was shown in the background. I remember my mom pointing it out when I was a kid, but I didn't know who he was and didn't know which guy it was. I don't think I've watched the series since it originally aired. Maybe a few episodes, but that's it.
                          The Charlie character was in most episodes, but you never saw him, he was always blocked by something and was usually with scantly clad women having a drink and relaxing and it definitely wasn't Forsythe just a stand in. In the final episode I'm not sure but I think Forsythe made a cameo appearance for the hospital room scene with Kelly.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 21, 2017

I'd love Charlie's Angels, especially if they do them in the one piece jumpsuits like the old Hasbro dolls.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

What about "All in the Family" megos, Archie-Edith-Mike (meat head) and Gloria and throw in George and Louise Jefferson
                              for good measure, Archie Bunker and George Jefferson megos, it doesn't get any better than that.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 21, 2017

OMG!! They ARE making Charlie's Angels!!

Y'ALL!!! I'm losing it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎