Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Captain Action uniform set announced (Finally)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

I'm down. Could make for some fun stuff.

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I'm not holding my breath. I loved Playing Mantis but Round 2 disappointed.
      I started out getting all of the Round 2 stuff and then worked back to the Playing Mantis figures. I dig my Marvel set and the Arctic Adventurer. I find a lot of the criticisms of those were not the case for what I wound up with. That said, once I laid hands on the Playing Mantis stuff, it was far better quality. They feel solid.

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

I saw on my Facebook feed that some person shared images of custom space figures on the Captain Action official page they had long ago made of Captain Action which looked identical and left a comment chastising Ed Catto for stealing his work. The picture and comment and all negative reactions by others were wiped away. If it's true and this person's design was entirely swiped then that sucks.

I've never written anything nasty online, but one of the only times I've been censored or ever had a comment deleted on FB was coincidentally with the Captain Action page. Many years ago, the Captain Action FB fan page posted comic con pictures and there was picture of Wordballoon podcaster John Siuntres randomly walking by, he was not the focus of the picture. He wasn't tagged in the picture so I left a silly, innocent comment (inside joke) about John being in the picture and quoted an Art Baltazar Aw Yeah! podcast statement (also tagging him in the picture) about how Yoko Chips or Zod was walking by...or some such thing I forget exactly, nothing mean at all. Fast forward years later Ed comes on the podcast a few times. I have to assume someone else moderates the page or Ed just deleted it because he wasn't in the know.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

^^ If that is true, the custom maker should spread the word. Doesn't surprise me that they can't have an original thought.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

^Wouldn't be the first time. They swiped pictures of DC Direct's 13 inch cloth figures for their prototype images last time. Several people called them on it and they too had their comments deleted.

Here's their "prototypes" ahem, stolen pics.

1capDC.jpg
            Last edited by enyawd72; Jun 23, '18, 4:06 PM.

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

To be fair, those were supposed to be "mock ups" of what they were planning to do. Granted, it came off bad because people thought that was what they were saying their final products would look like. Whereas, I genuinely believe they were just trying to show the types of things they wanted to create. They did that with a whole bunch of their first plans, including Rocketeer. Of course, it was a stupid blunder, as soon as fans see pics of something they assume that it's going to be those products but they used a bunch of different sources for their mock ups and I think they were just eager to show something.

They should have just had some rough sketches or something instead of using other figures photos to show what they were intending to make.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎