Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Captain Action uniform set announced (Finally)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 18, 2015

New Captain Action uniform set announced (Finally)

Finally they announced this after about a month of them filling my Facebook feed with pictures of characters wearing retro styled space suits as some sort of obnoxious "teaser". If they charge some ridiculous price for this set like they did with the Ultraman costume I'm finished with Captain Action.

Yes, I am bitter, why do you ask?
    Last edited by TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip; Jun 24, '18, 4:55 PM. Reason: Forgot the "y" in "they"
    The hands that grip.
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Well that's interesting... It looks like just costume only, not costume and body. I wonder which body they are making this for?
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

I feel like I have wrapped up my Captain Action collecting for now, but I am kind of interested in this. I'll try to keep it on my radar to see what the line will include and what kind of price they set for the line.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

If it's the same people involved, forget it. They're not gonna sucker me in a third time. They've already bungled the line TWICE.

They made four nice Marvel sets...then the last two had abysmal quality issues. The Iron Man costume was a joke. It was so small you couldn't even get it on the figure. I ripped three suits and cracked two chest armors just trying to get one on. Ended up chucking three IM sets in the trash. Wasted $75. I sold all the others off. Oh yeah, I forgot my Captain America's boots melted too.

No thank you.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Its probably just smoke and mirrors from them again, doubt anything will come of it
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• KLAATU
            Museum Patron
            • Feb 3, 2009

I grew up with the original Captain Action, and I've looked forward to every single re-introduction. Still bummed that the DC sets didn't make it out a few years back. And bummed that the "Elite" line-up only consisted of one figure - Lady Action (which was really cool).

Comment

• jacoblb
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2009

I love my Captain Action figures from Playing Mantis to Round 2. I'll be all in on getting new stuff. I'd have gotten the Ultraman if it wasn't so expensive. At this point I've got a spare Dr. Evil body ready to wear something from whatever is coming out. Too bad the DC line never happened.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I'm not holding my breath. I loved Playing Mantis but Round 2 disappointed.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                  Oh yeah, I forgot my Captain America's boots melted too.
                  Why oh why do these companies--Mattel, FTC, Diamond-Emce--insist on vinyl boots?! They don't hold up worth a damn.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• phil
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    Its probably just smoke and mirrors from them again, doubt anything will come of it
                    I had the same reaction.

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

I find it interesting that mego like figures and CA items seem to be on the same time schedule for interest (and wane) in production.
                      1998 ish - playing mantis CA and toy Biz famous covers are on the shelves. Admittedly the famous covers were not mego scale, but they were quite mego like with cloth goods and posable bodies. 2010-11 ish - round 2 CA and mattel retro action (along with BBP, Castaway, and others). Now we are at 2018, and we are hearing noise about Round 2 CA (round 3?) crating new suits and sets, and Mego corp is bringing figures to market this July at SDCC.

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

^That's a very good observation! I didn't consider the return of Mego could be a Famous Covers throwback to millennials.

...and it's not a Capt Action thread without MIB kicking the tires.

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

I don't see this making it into production.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

It is an awesome looking space suit.

Comment

• Makernaut
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 22, 2015

^ I think so, too. And depending on what the production set looks like, I could see myself wanting to cobble together a Buck Rogers with that helmet.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎