X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Aquaman Trailer at SDCC

The scuttle is WB execs have seen enough of Wan's Aquaman cut that outside WW, everything has gotten shelved. Apparently, the hard push now comes at SDCC as they have that much confidence in it.

Concept Art v Actualized Visuals

• hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Mera is HOT!!!!

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I like what I see so far. It's ironic, though that Arthur is dark and Orm, fair.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I am assuming that Shazam has not been shelved, its too far along.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

^Yeah, Shazam is apart of the DCU films, but separate due to its New Line roots.

My guess has been the New Line producers had to move into production within a ten year window or the rights go back into the DC hopper. Sort of like Marvel and Inhumans; same company, different arms.

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

I have my fingers crossed for this one.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap
                ^Yeah, Shazam is apart of the DCU films, but separate due to its New Line roots.

My guess has been the New Line producers had to move into production within a ten year window or the rights go back into the DC hopper. Sort of like Marvel and Inhumans; same company, different arms.
                so everything else rumored or announced has been shelved? Hoping the Leto Joker movie is among that. Yeesh I really don't want to see that ever again
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  so everything else rumored or announced has been shelved? Hoping the Leto Joker movie is among that. Yeesh I really don't want to see that ever again
                  Im with you on that. Not a fan of his Joker at all.

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

^Rumor is they're moving quick on The Scorsese Joker. Maybe for SDCC.

I'm with you guys...the Leto announcement made no sense, until this SDCC chatter came up. Todd Philips and Leto are at the same agency. So it looks like the Leto-Joker talk is a move to keep Leto's agents happy so they don't pull their talent from the studio.

I'd bet the Scorcese Joker had to make some big concessions, like it's actually NYC and not Gotham and no Gordon or Red Hood. The crime boss aspect is a tough one, as you would want that to promote with Scorcese's name. But maybe it's King of Comedy meets Taxi Driver.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap
                      ^Rumor is they're moving quick on The Scorsese Joker. Maybe for SDCC.

I'm with you guys...the Leto announcement made no sense, until this SDCC chatter came up. Todd Philips and Leto are at the same agency. So it looks like the Leto-Joker talk is a move to keep Leto's agents happy so they don't pull their talent from the studio.

I'd bet the Scorcese Joker had to make some big concessions, like it's actually NYC and not Gotham and no Gordon or Red Hood. The crime boss aspect is a tough one, as you would want that to promote with Scorcese's name. But maybe it's King of Comedy meets Taxi Driver.
                      Then its the Joker in name only and DC is still mucking things up.

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

^I think it's funny they're considering a new banner called "DC Dark" or "DC Black"... as if Elseworlds isn't their property.

...if this was Marvel, they'd call it "Marvel's What If" instead of overthinking it, and it would work huge.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎