X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Colorforms Outer Space Men

The Colorforms Aliens Outer Space Men have always been something I've liked, and I've had a couple of these over the years, but never hung onto them for one reason or another.

I've been picking up some recently, and here's what I have so far.

If anyone has any they want to sell or trade, or any parts such as weapons you don't need I'm interested!
    Last edited by drquest; Jun 19, '18, 5:43 PM.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Nifty! You have a really nice collection.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

i don't remember these. are they just wire bendy figures? they look like they would fit in with the Matt Mason line

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        i don't remember these. are they just wire bendy figures? they look like they would fit in with the Matt Mason line
        Yeah the Colorforms people made them more or less as a companion to the Major Matt Mason line. They are rubber bendy figures just like the Mattel line.

They made 7 total figures, so there's three more figures in the line.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

These are on my very short wantlist. I know they are re-releasing them in other formats, but these are the ones I want. And yes, perfect for your Matt Mason dioramas!
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• mego
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 16, 2012

I had the colorform set of these guys as a kid.... soooo much fun. Love the figures!

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 20, 2008

FourHorseman redid the Outer Space Men in a smaller hard plastic format with limited articulation, now available here:
              THEY'RE HERE! THE OUTER SPACE MEN Welcome to the site This site is created to celebrate what is truly one the greatest groups of toy action figures of all

They also made the never released second series of the original figures (plus a few all new additional figures that were supposed to fit in with the line). Again, they aren't bendy figures and are smaller then the originals but came in repro packaging, which is pretty cool. They are also now making 12 inch versions (Colossus Rex being the first in that line).

For the original figures you can buy reproduction hard plastic parts (helmets, guns, staffs, wings, etc) at Big Red Toy box (because originals of those original hard plastic parts are hard or impossible to find in decent condition):
              Quality replicas of hard to find accessories for GI Joe, Captain Action, Major Matt Mason, Marx Best of the West Figures, Planet of the Apes, Billy Blastoff, Mego Super Heroes, Hot Wheels, Diecast, Peteena, TV Jones, Johnny Seven, Secret Sam and more.

Sean
              Last edited by SpaceCrawler; Jun 16, '18, 3:32 PM.

Comment

• drquest
                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by SpaceCrawler
                FourHorseman redid the Outer Space Men in a smaller hard plastic format with limited articulation, now available here:
                THEY'RE HERE! THE OUTER SPACE MEN Welcome to the site This site is created to celebrate what is truly one the greatest groups of toy action figures of all

They also made the never released second series of the original figures (plus a few all new additional figures that were supposed to fit in with the line). Again, they aren't bendy figures and are smaller then the originals but came in repro packaging, which is pretty cool. They are also now making 12 inch versions (Colossus Rex being the first in that line).

For the original figures you can buy reproduction hard plastic parts (helmets, guns, staffs, wings, etc) at Big Red Toy box (because originals of those original hard plastic parts are hard or impossible to find in decent condition):
                Quality replicas of hard to find accessories for GI Joe, Captain Action, Major Matt Mason, Marx Best of the West Figures, Planet of the Apes, Billy Blastoff, Mego Super Heroes, Hot Wheels, Diecast, Peteena, TV Jones, Johnny Seven, Secret Sam and more.

Sean
                Thanks Sean for posting! I remember you were collecting these before. I probably will pick up a few of the reproduction pieces and I really like the Four Horseman stuff, but wished the scale was similar.
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Retro shirts and stuff
                More retro shirts
                Stuff For Sale

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Would the reproduction Alpha-7 helmet fit upon a Mego head?
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LordMudd
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                    Yes, I had all of both. I would get 1 OSM each week when we went grocery shopping at Food Town.

CCC.

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 20, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      Would the reproduction Alpha-7 helmet fit upon a Mego head?
                      I just tried my vintage Alpha 7 helmet on a POTA human figure head and no, it won't fit. And the repro Colorforms Aliens stuff is a resin I believe (as opposed to injection styrene type plastic) so probably not really customizable without shattering it. You'd be better off find a small clear plastic Christmas ornament for something like that.

Sean

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 20, 2008

By the way it's not recommended that you keep the vintage or repro hard plastic parts in contact with the alien's rubber bodies- the rubber will cause the hard plastic to "melt".

Sean

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you for checking, I appreciate it.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drquest
                            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                            • Apr 17, 2012

My meager collection is moving forward... Got Astro Nautilus and Commander Comet. Commander Comet has some serious paint issues but the wings are original. Astro Nautilus is pretty cool I think.

Danny(Drquest)
                            Captain Action HQ
                            Retro shirts and stuff
                            More retro shirts
                            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

Love that Nautilus.

I keep wondering why they are re-releasing this line is every format (even 12" now) and not the original.
                              I feel their small scale is just...too small, and the 12" are quite expensive.
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎