Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
      Yes, there will be only one Reeve.

But as I said, Cavill can be great...just let him have a personality, let him be the Big Blue Boy Scout we all love...
      I would have loved to see Cavill in a Reeves-esque movie, I just wonder if it's too late. If they tried it now, would the casual movie fan look past how Superman acted in past movies? Will people that like the modern movie version of Superman be accepting of the sudden change in personality?

I even liked Brandon Routh, but he was given a raw deal. Bad script, crappy looking costume. They sure let him go quick.

Maybe that's why I'd like to see a new guy take the role. I liked Spider-Man: Homecoming. In my opinion, it was a good move dropping Andrew Garfield. Spiderman 3 with Maguire was better than either of the Garfield Spiderman movies. That's not necessarily Garfields fault, but the palette needed to be cleansed so he had to go.

New Batman, new Superman. Wonder Woman can stay, but let's write her a new theme song. That guitar riff one is awful.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

DC's comics have been pretty good for the last 2 years since Rebirth. I'm not sure if they know what their long game is, but I've enjoyed the titles I've been reading, particularly the Superman books. And I haven't enjoyed them in 10 years, and that was a fluke after a decade of not caring.

The movies are in an interesting place. They clearly WON'T move forward with the Snyder aesthetic after Justice League underperformed. Aquaman does indeed look good, and Shazam looks like a lot of fun, which is SHOULD be. And they will have to try real hard to screw up Wonder Woman 1984 at this point.

TV...eh, I'm kind of over most of the DC TV shows. Supergirl got too preachy, Arrow lost me a long time ago, and while I like Legends, its SO fluffy, I don't see the need to tune in all the time. I got Black Lightning on the DVR, and I need to try it. My family and I are committed to Flash as a thing we do together, although the middle of this season tested us. The beginning and end were really strong. My son and a lot of other folks tell me to try Gotham again. Maybe one day I will.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          The movies are in an interesting place. They clearly WON'T move forward with the Snyder aesthetic after Justice League underperformed. Aquaman does indeed look good, and Shazam looks like a lot of fun, which is SHOULD be. And they will have to try real hard to screw up Wonder Woman 1984 at this point.

TV...eh, I'm kind of over most of the DC TV shows. Supergirl got too preachy, Arrow lost me a long time ago, and while I like Legends, its SO fluffy, I don't see the need to tune in all the time. I got Black Lightning on the DVR, and I need to try it. My family and I are committed to Flash as a thing we do together, although the middle of this season tested us. The beginning and end were really strong. My son and a lot of other folks tell me to try Gotham again. Maybe one day I will.
          I am bored with most of the shows too. who would have ever thought we would be saying that? Gotham is the one exception but that has only one season left, and it will be a short season. Agree whole heartedly about Supergirl being way over the top with the preachiness. these last few episodes in particular. Legends is hit or miss, mostly miss. I am sick of all of them having season long story arcs too

I like the movies we have gotten so far, but there are many flaws. for Superman I was thinking that he died, and when he came back in JL, after getting his mind back, he was lighter and more fun. so they could totally do a fun movie with Cavill as Superman, playing right off where JL ended

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
            that's right he is.
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Gawd...I despise Supergirl the most.

When I used to watch it...the very first two seasons, they fed you, over and over again...as how she was so much greater than Superman. You might think Marvel would take shots at Supes, but nooooo...it was the Supergirl TV show.

Supergirl was faster, smarter, stronger, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Then she finally has that epic showdown with her much larger cousin, the one with far more experience. And she knocks him out without any effort whatsoever. And the worst part? Superman himself tells her she’s indeed greater than him, lol.

WHAT DA EF????????????

I almost left DC forever...they themselves keep dumping dung on Superman...they should all be fired.

BTW, maybe it serves him right...as Tyler Hoechlin sucks as Superman.

Rant over...
              sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, DC has treated their flagship character shamefully. But I'm OK with Hoechlin on TV. Cavill can certainly redeem his Supes with better material.

Batman (once my favorite hero) has been bloated into something utterly uninteresting. This supposedly most human of heroes is so capable, so adept and so paranoid, I quite caring about him years ago.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

I know I said this before in another post, but how sweet would it be if everyone put their egos aside and put together a DC vs Marvel movie. Or something like say Captain America team up with Wonder Woman in a 1940's WWII setting, or even Superman/Spiderman team up involving some world breaking news story that's being coverd by both the Daily Planet and the Daily Bugle.

The heroes don't necessarily have to fight each other, just simply team up to stop whatever menace the world is facing. You don't need a whole parade of DC and Marvel heroes in one movie, just one of each teaming up, then if the movie is a success, make a follow up with two different heroes. I know most likely this would never happen, but it would be interesting never the less. Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne in the same movie, there both very similar characters.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
                    BTW, I like Cavill, but for the love of all that's holy, give him a decent script.

He showed a glimpse of a great Supes near the end of JL, I want that Supes.
                    Yes and yes...couldn't agree more! Cavill is a GREAT Superman...he just needs a decent script to work with...give the poor guy a break! Geez!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mary Canary
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by palitoy
                      As Epictetus said: "It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

I think it's a golden age to be a DC fan, there is a DC comics-based television series on each night of the week and they're all decent. Some I don't watch but I have more DC entertainment than i can handle.

The movies could and should be better but there is plenty of bright spots and the future looks bright, Shazam and Aquaman look good. Also, I really like Shazam and Aquaman.

Is Marvel doing a better job? Probably but this is the era we dreamed of as kids.

Also, I'm of the mind that Caville is this generation's Chris Reeve if he had the right director. Zach Snyder, did not get Superman....at all.
                      Agree with all of this. I watch all 4 of the Arrowverse shows, plus the amazing Krypton. Rebirth has brought me back to the comics. I'm even collecting DC figures again! DC Superhero Girls is hitting an untapped market and is a success. And they tossed out all those horrible New 52 costumes!

I don't get all the hate on Cavill. I felt like Man of Steel was a good modern update. Yes, it was violent and dark, but I thought Cavill's Superman was faced with extraordinary obstacles. It wasn't just Zod and Ursa and Non. I mean he was one guy against an army from space trying to terraform the Earth. Haven't necessarily loved the other films since, but I also have hope for the next batch of flicks.

I'd love to see JLI brought back in some form, whether film or comic, so long as it stars Blue and Gold and Fire and Ice.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

Wish DC would make a fun and bright, light take on The Super Friends with traditional costumes, etc for a traditional look. DC could reboot from right there and not look back. That’s what I think, anyhow.

- Ian
                        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

^I'm with you, 100%, buddy. Just embrace the color and the inherent craziness of heroes in tights. The dark stuff had its day, and had its chance.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                            Museum Paramedic
                            • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Hedji
                            ^I'm with you, 100%, buddy. Just embrace the color and the inherent craziness of heroes in tights. The dark stuff had its day, and had its chance.
                            I’ve always disliked the transformation of superhero costumes. When did superhero safety become a “thing?” We had a Superman movie franchise; with a traditional costume, that was colorful and fun. It’s still beloved. Then, in 1989, the motion picture Batman was “dark” (though I like it), visually I’d have much rather seen a Batman who looked like the 60s or 70s comic. Since then, DC and Marvel have changed all costumes; subtlety or drastically. I don’t care for it. In the current Captain America franchise, I liked the first the most...in that, at one point, he’s wearing the iconic costume. I loved that coming to life on the big screen.

- Ian
                            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎