• Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan

DC= DEAD COMICS.

Nuff said.
    lol Thanks, Stan. Marvel has crapped out comics just as much as DC, they've just been much more skillful in finding a middle road for film adaptations.

Honestly--and this is an admittedly isolated example--New 52 and Convergence did quite well for Aquaman.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 15, '18, 11:18 AM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
      Also, I really like Shazam and Aquaman.
      I knew you had good taste.

Regarding cinematic Aquaman, I'll probably never be completely happy with the casting, character design, or character direction--BUT, I have a completely open mind about a film featuring him. I had grave reservations about Gadot but she surpassed my expectations and I 90% loved that film.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Good gawd, Brian...I HATE every single DC television show out there except for Gotham, lol.

Heck, I prefer the movies...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

BTW, I like Cavill, but for the love of all that's holy, give him a decent script.

He showed a glimpse of a great Supes near the end of JL, I want that Supes.
          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

The TV series for me are like the comics, I can be engaged by nice artistic touches and good bits of writing even if the season is rocky. I didn't like every issue of a character's comic, even as a child.

The movies however, have that epic sense of fail at times because we expect the perfect depiction of something iconic in our hearts/minds. Reeves films weren't perfect but he became a nearly perfect Superman.

I will admit I can enjoy the Marvel films on a case-by-case basis because I'm not very invested in the characters (except perhaps the Fantastic Four). I love Cap but those films are very uneven IMO and buoyed by casting. I love the smaller films like Ant-Man .

I'm much more critical of DC films because I hold those characters dear as modern mythology. And at times I'm very angry at DC--The Spirit film was a shameful abomination.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Please Gotham, I'd rather see you get cancelled than go to the CW...

sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
                Good gawd, Brian...I HATE every single DC television show out there except for Gotham, lol.

Heck, I prefer the movies...

I think it may suck to be Hector?
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Marvelmania
                  A Ray of Sunshine
                  • Jun 17, 2001

Cavill looks the part of Superman but to me is a complete snooze fest as an actor. Maybe with a better and different director he might be better but I'd have to see it to believe it. Zero emotion. Aquaman? Not holding my breath on this one. Shazam, actually looking forward to this and hopefully it can be as good as Wonder Woman! I loved Wonder Woman!!! Not a huge DC fan but I mean come on, who doesn't love Superman and Batman. I'm afraid they can reboot them 100 times but the stink that has already been done to them will be hard to erase. Well Marvel's Spiderman Homecoming was one of the worst movies I'd ever seen. I barely made it through it. They should have renamed it Starkman. He was more Iron Man than any Spiderman I ever knew. Awful stuff!

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                    I think it may suck to be Hector?
                    No, Hector is awesome!

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Marvelmania
                      Well Marvel's Spiderman Homecoming was one of the worst movies I'd ever seen. I barely made it through it. They should have renamed it Starkman. He was more Iron Man than any Spiderman I ever knew. Awful stuff!
                      Yeah, good points.

Since when Stark has mentored and guided the great Amazing Spider-Man?

I hate that Marvel made that B-list Iron-Man surpass the A-list Spidey...please...
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Cavill looks the part of Superman but to me is a complete snooze fest as an actor. Maybe with a better and different director he might be better but I'd have to see it to believe it. Zero emotion.
                        Have you seen the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie remake?

Cavill can be an engaging actor.
                        sigpic

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
                          Gee the original CRISIS was what started it all.

LEGENDS was crap.

ZERO HOUR did more harm then good,

I forget what horse**** happened like the FINAL NIGHT and what ever else until IDENTITY CRISIS/INFINITE CRISIS.

Blackest Night, LAME

NU 52; the WORST!!

FINAL CRISIS- GARBAGE!!!

When you do stupid **** like Supeman was NEVER SUPER BOY and then having him in space with an OXYGEN TANK? (Byrne era) that was just PITIFUL!!

so was Hal Jordan turning into PARALLAX and then dying and coming back as the SPECTRE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! And then back as GL! ***!?!?!?!

I blame it on editors like MIKE CARLIN and EDDIE BERGANZA, who both suck *** in my opinion!!

and when you have an ICON like JOE STATON working on SCOOBY DOO, it's like what's going on here?????

and then they did that CONVERGENCE thing and supposedly it says that the Original CRISIS never happened. SOOOOO why isn't everyone on their own respective EARTH then? (1,2, S, 3, X, )

Instead we have to deal with FLASHPOINTLESS which was the most crappiest thing they could have done.

DC= DEAD COMICS.

Nuff said.
                          (If the internet and comic "fans" existed in the 1940's...)

Good god, it all started with that damn radio show and making Superman fly. God, he leaps buildings in a single bound, not fly dammit. And that annoying kid Jimmy Olsen and the Daily Planet, it's the Daily Star for crying out lourd, not the Planet and what's this kryptonite nonsense, god they are ruining Superman. And making him invulnerable, c'mon, a bursting shell still should hurt him.

(and in the 60s).

God this new Flash in Showcase sucks. So does the new Green Lantern. I mean Garrick and Scott are all we need. I blame Julius Shwartz for ruining everything that was good for DC. And that Earth One Earth 2 nonsense in Flash of Two World. Absolute trash. God how could anyone ever be so stupid to come up with that nonsense.

And so it goes, the more things change the more comic fans decry it's the end of everything good about comics. Same as it ever was.

-M
                          Last edited by MRP; Jun 15, '18, 11:32 PM.
                          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Marvelmania
                            A Ray of Sunshine
                            • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
                            Have you seen the Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie remake?

Cavill can be an engaging actor.
                            No, I did miss that. I'll have to check it out. I like Cavill and I really want him to be Superman. He has so much potential in that role. Maybe I'm just comparing him too much to Reeve.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

MRP....
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

No, I did miss that. I'll have to check it out. I like Cavill and I really want him to be Superman. He has so much potential in that role. Maybe I'm just comparing him too much to Reeve.
                                Yes, there will be only one Reeve.

But as I said, Cavill can be great...just let him have a personality, let him be the Big Blue Boy Scout we all love...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎