Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spockoda
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 14, 2018

The first movie I recall seeing in a theater was either around a year or maybe a few months, I was pretty young, before Star Wars. It was a presumably Japanese film with either English subtitles or dubbed in English and it featured men dressed up like robots and fought each other via martial art moves. It may have been an Ultraman movie I just don't know as I have wracked my brain for years trying to remember what the movie was called. I enjoyed it as a kid but I would probably mention the word "cheesy" if I reviewed it today. The movie played again briefly in the early 80's as I remember seeing the movie advertised in the movie section of a newspaper and at least at that time I recognized it as I tried to get my folks to take me to it again but they wouldn't.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I think mine was definitely Disney, could have been Robin Hood or maybe the Apple Dumpling Gang.

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by boss
        The first movie I remember seeing in a theater was Young Frankenstein. Not sure why my parents thought that was a good idea for a 4 year old.
        It helped make you who you are today, didn't it?

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

It was probably Star Wars or Superman. I really can’t recall what was first. I do remember seeing Disney’s Song of The South when I was around 4 upon a rerelease. However, there’s no way that was the first movie I saw at a theater.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

The Shaggy D.A.

I've never revisited it. Perhaps I should, and see if it unlocks any hidden memories.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Just remembered what might have been the first movie I've ever seen in the theatre …

Mr. Superinvisible

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

I honestly don't have a clue. My dad is such a movie nut, he probably exposed me to tons of films before I was even four years old.

Comment

• hobub
                  Ghost of a Dead Indian
                  • Jun 18, 2001

What’s up Doc?, Freebie and the Bean, Deathwish? Lady and the Tramp, That Darn Cat? The life and times of Judge Roy Bean, Billy Jack?
                  I remember them all from very early on. I have no idea what was first but I saw most of these at the theatre or drive-in very early on. They were good.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

I do remember seeing a POTA movie in the theater, might have been Battle for the POTA, I also remember seeing Godzilla vs the Smog Monster and that came out in 72.

But I'm still thinking Disney's Robin Hood or Apple Dumpling Gang, oh well...who started this thread anyways?

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

leave the good memory alone. i haven't rewatched it either, but sooo many of those style movies did not hold up well.

Originally posted by Hedji
                      The Shaggy D.A.

I've never revisited it. Perhaps I should, and see if it unlocks any hidden memories.

Comment

• Brue
                        User without title
                        • Sep 29, 2005

I hope Deathwish wasn't first.

Originally posted by hobub
                        What’s up Doc?, Freebie and the Bean, Deathwish? Lady and the Tramp, That Darn Cat? The life and times of Judge Roy Bean, Billy Jack?
                        I remember them all from very early on. I have no idea what was first but I saw most of these at the theatre or drive-in very early on. They were good.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎