X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Official Rate the first movie you watched thread

(In response to the Official Rate the last movie you watched thread.)

around 1973/4 I saw Dumbo t the local theater with my dad and older sister -clearly wasn't in its first run.

I loved it!!!!

When I re-watched it in my 20's I was less impressed.
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

Wish I could remember the first movie I saw cuz I'd love to play along.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Most of the ones I saw was at the drive-in. Just about all of them I feel asleep about half way through. Guess I'd have to go with Star Wars since that was the first one I made it all the way through. As to rate it? Well,I don't think I'd have to say what kind of rating I give that.

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Iron Mego
        Wish I could remember the first movie I saw cuz I'd love to play along.
        really it is the first movie you REMEMBER seeing. Who knows, maybe I saw one before Dumbo.

Comment

• Iron Mego
          Wake Up Heavy
          • Jan 31, 2010

I'll have to rack my brain. It was most definitely a drive-in movie. Most likely Disney, possibly The Love Bug or something of that ilk.
          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• alex
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 15, 2009

I cant remember,. but story from my parents, I must of been 3 or something, we were living in west Germany at the the time, and went to see Bambi. Apparently refused to leave the cinema, and was balling my eyes out, because the ending was so sad

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Hmmm,

Think the first Disney cartoon I seen in the theatre was Robin Hood

Loved it !!! …….. Haven't seen it since then

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

The first movie I vividly remember watching was on TV at my grandparents house...a little 1976 stinker called Track of the Moon Beast and it scared the absolute living crap out of me. In fact, ALL my vivid movie memories from that time are horror.

Bug, Gargoyles, Trog, Salem's Lot, Frankenstein The True Story, and Dracula with Frank Langella all stand out.

TROG.jpg TotMB.jpg

Comment

• boss
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 18, 2003

The first movie I remember seeing in a theater was Young Frankenstein. Not sure why my parents thought that was a good idea for a 4 year old.
                  Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

I think the first movie I saw in a drive in was "the cat from outer space" with Ken Berry. but the movie I loved when I was very little was Disney's Robin Hood.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

lol I like Track of the Moon Beast.

I thought Bug was terrifying when I was a kid.

Originally posted by enyawd72
                      The first movie I vividly remember watching was on TV at my grandparents house...a little 1976 stinker called Track of the Moon Beast and it scared the absolute living crap out of me. In fact, ALL my vivid movie memories from that time are horror.

Bug, Gargoyles, Trog, Salem's Lot, Frankenstein The True Story, and Dracula with Frank Langella all stand out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23003[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]23004[/ATTACH]
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Hmmm, it was either Disney's Robin Hood or Snowball Express. I loved RH, too.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                          Wake Up Heavy
                          • Jan 31, 2010

Man, Robin Hood brings back some strong, strange memories. I had the biggest crush on Maid Marian. Yes, I had feelings for an animated vixen!
                          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I recall trying to imitate Sir Hiss on the playground lol.

Comment

• Makernaut
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 22, 2015

Disney's "Robin Hood" had to be among the first for me. It was my first lunch box and I wish I still had it. I had a little Fisher-Price movie camera that you cranked and the cartridge was some clips from Robin Hood. I also remember going to a Benji movie about the same time. Charlie Rich was pretty big at the time and I remember him doing a song for it. My Mom wanted to make sure I would be a "big boy" because I had a tendency to cry when watching Lassie on TV when I was little. (and to this day, I wince like crazy if I watch something where animals are in peril).

For what it's worth, "Robin Hood" was a big deal around those parts because Roger Miller was from "just down the road" and I have known several people who knew Roger Miller when he was growing up. Heard lotsa stories about him being a character from the get-go.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎