Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Rate the first movie you watched thread

Images
    lol I like Track of the Moon Beast.

I thought Bug was terrifying when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    The first movie I vividly remember watching was on TV at my grandparents house...a little 1976 stinker called Track of the Moon Beast and it scared the absolute living crap out of me. In fact, ALL my vivid movie memories from that time are horror.

Bug, Gargoyles, Trog, Salem's Lot, Frankenstein The True Story, and Dracula with Frank Langella all stand out.

Attachment 23003 Attachment 23004
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Hmmm, it was either Disney's Robin Hood or Snowball Express. I loved RH, too.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Man, Robin Hood brings back some strong, strange memories. I had the biggest crush on Maid Marian. Yes, I had feelings for an animated vixen!

Images
    I recall trying to imitate Sir Hiss on the playground lol.

Images
    Disney's "Robin Hood" had to be among the first for me. It was my first lunch box and I wish I still had it. I had a little Fisher-Price movie camera that you cranked and the cartridge was some clips from Robin Hood. I also remember going to a Benji movie about the same time. Charlie Rich was pretty big at the time and I remember him doing a song for it. My Mom wanted to make sure I would be a "big boy" because I had a tendency to cry when watching Lassie on TV when I was little. (and to this day, I wince like crazy if I watch something where animals are in peril).

For what it's worth, "Robin Hood" was a big deal around those parts because Roger Miller was from "just down the road" and I have known several people who knew Roger Miller when he was growing up. Heard lotsa stories about him being a character from the get-go.

The first movie I recall seeing in a theater was either around a year or maybe a few months, I was pretty young, before Star Wars. It was a presumably Japanese film with either English subtitles or dubbed in English and it featured men dressed up like robots and fought each other via martial art moves. It may have been an Ultraman movie I just don't know as I have wracked my brain for years trying to remember what the movie was called. I enjoyed it as a kid but I would probably mention the word "cheesy" if I reviewed it today. The movie played again briefly in the early 80's as I remember seeing the movie advertised in the movie section of a newspaper and at least at that time I recognized it as I tried to get my folks to take me to it again but they wouldn't.

I think mine was definitely Disney, could have been Robin Hood or maybe the Apple Dumpling Gang.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by boss View Post
    The first movie I remember seeing in a theater was Young Frankenstein. Not sure why my parents thought that was a good idea for a 4 year old.
    It helped make you who you are today, didn't it?

Images
    It was probably Star Wars or Superman. I really can’t recall what was first. I do remember seeing Disney’s Song of The South when I was around 4 upon a rerelease. However, there’s no way that was the first movie I saw at a theater.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

The Shaggy D.A.

I've never revisited it. Perhaps I should, and see if it unlocks any hidden memories.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!