Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disappointment

Images
    Yeah, I saw these on there the other day too when they were ONLY in the $400 range. I wanted to send GW a message, but I wasn't sure how that was going to help. A couple of years ago, there were some really good deals to be found there (lots of hidden gems in very general description auctions.) But now, any mego or vintage toy is really high. You will see beater Star Trek or Batman/Robin figures go for big bucks. I think people are just searching for Mego or GI Joe, or the like and bidding these auctions way up without any real knowledge of what they are getting. The IOB must have really got them going. Also, they charge "handling" on everything and their shipping is usually pretty pricey.

Images
    I watched the end of the auction out of morbid curiosity. Slight flurry of activity at the end and it closed at $726.

Blog Entries
    Blerg. That's terrible.

Images
    I really don't understand how this type of transaction happens either. All the research you need is right at your fingertips. First off...Batman never came in a purple box! That right there would tell you this was fake.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

I saw that auction, and immediately said "no way those are real" and moved on!

Images
    OK, now that the auction is over, what would a reasonable price have been to pay for this lot?

Robin looks like he has a doc mego body. Really shiny.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hoatie View Post
    OK, now that the auction is over, what would a reasonable price have been to pay for this lot?
    I am no expert and someone will have a better answer than mine, but....all I can think is that a person could have bought, for all intents and purposes, the same thing from Figures Toy Company for $26.99 per figure (boxed). I realize that would remove the illusion of them being authentically vintage as there would be no doubt about it in that case. So, the price of illusion is ($726.00 - $53.98) about $672.02... in my estimation.

It did look to me like Batman was on a T1 body based on what I could see of the left hand. That would be about the only thing I could peg as accurate from the pics and I am not totally sure about that. There was a scant amount of pics and none of them worked for the kind of disclosure I would need to lay out that kind of money.
    Last edited by Makernaut; Jun 13, '18 at 8:35 PM.

Can't help but think of this.

What a bummer...
    Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jun 16, '18 at 1:15 PM.