X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Let's all go to the lobby.

Kinda before my time and I've never even been to a drive in but I just can't help being fascinated by these old movie theater intermissions.

Anyone else enjoy them?
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Yes!

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

I'm obsessed with these. If I owned a home video label, I would have these at the beginning of every movie on DVD I put out. Or have the option for it to come up when you need a bathroom break and pause the disc.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Trying to remember which of the cable channels use to air these. I think maybe TCM use to. Or maybe it was AMC before they started having stuff like The Walking Dead.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

these are all fantastic. we have 3 drive-ins within half hour, 2 are within 15 minutes. Love the drive in and these old snack stand commercials. also the deet mosquito ones for the coils they sell at the concession stand

Comment

• Falstaff13
            Persistent Member
            • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
            Trying to remember which of the cable channels use to air these. I think maybe TCM use to. Or maybe it was AMC before they started having stuff like The Walking Dead.
            We used to get the Nostalgia Channel, which showed old movies and comedy shorts that were in the public domain, and I can remember them running these bits.
            Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
            Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Boomerang used to have wind-up concessions walking around in the opening and bumpers for Boomerang Theater.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

I like that kind of stuff, too. I also like to watch some of the old newsreels they used to show. Always been a little fascinated with movie theaters and how people have experienced going to the movies over the years. I think my interest stems from a period in late 80s/early 90s where there was a wave of nostalgia and a short trend of going to the theater and they would run old Looney Tunes cartoons before the feature. I also went to a 50th Anniversary showing of "Gone With the Wind" and experienced an intermission for the first and probably only time in my movie going experience.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎