Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think is a *fair* best offer?

The art of the haggle is lost on most people these days. I still run into this all the time. As a seller, I have never acted offended over a low ball offer. I simply countered with my lowest price. As a buyer I've run into the sellers of 'guess my price without offending me'.

There are four types of remorse in this hobby. 1) Seller's remorse. 2) Not selling remorse. 3) Buyer's remorse. and 4) Not buying remorse. Simply put; Trader remorse and Not trading remorse.

Collector/Dealers I have known, have come to understand this in all it's aspects. This is why we have great members here. They've been there and done that.

One old rule and one new rule for dr_cyclops: New rule, anytime some dealer who does not price his/her items and answers my price question with; What will you give me? Will receive the answer: I'll give you what it's marked as. Old rule, if someone offers me 10-20% of what I'm asking, I consider countering with that much of a discount. I.E.: Someone offers me $2 on a $20 item, I counter with $18. I wait to see where it goes from there.

Images
    A seller marked a $150 item with a make offer. I offered $125 and never even got a response.

Sellers do know they can get offers to automatically decline when they are lower than what they want, right?
    I've experienced that, so I know it's a thing.

I accept 20% all the time. Totally doable.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"