Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Star Trek Mego and Dida Scans

Robyn, Thanks for making this available. I love it!
    "May fortune favor the foolish"

And as a bonus it will show just how much work really goes into making a quality playset for people who complain about the prices.

How much did the various sets run?

Still wondering what 'dida' means, too... please edumacate me!
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

The deluxe custom playsets were several hundred dollars. I think at the end of the run I was charging $600 for a Batman set, $350 or so for Star Trek. Just because of all the labor involved. They were designed to be something you could do as a custom but hardly anybody ever did that. If you simply bought the vinyl parts and made them yourself they were $25-50 and up depending on what pieces you wanted.

"Dida" was my nickname for my grandfather who bought me my first Megos. Similar to Mego that people mispronounce Meh-go instead of MeeGoh it's Dee-Dah, not Die-Dah.

I've added POTA artwork sets, check them out. http://secretfanbase.com/didadisplay...category/pota/

Images
    Seeing these large sets in person at MegoMeet X was incredible and really made me appreciate the effort put into them, I could understand the cost.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Thank you for the information, Robyn. That's very sweet about your grandfather.
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Images
    Excellent job on all of the backgrounds! I just saw the POTA background and I love 'em!
    Nostalgia just ainít what it used to be.

Images
    The Lair, Hall of Justice, Castle and Monster backgrounds look amazing!

I'm curious, how many backgrounds will be posted in total? I'm going to have to do some saving up to get all of these!

EDIT: I didn't even realize there were addition pieces in some of the sub-menus! Oh please let there be a Legion of Doom set too!
    Last edited by Moxen; Aug 31, '18 at 1:01 PM.