Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada


Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: Star Trek Mego and Dida Scans

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 16, 2006
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    Posts
    34
    Images
    19

    Star Trek Mego and Dida Scans

    Hi,

    Had a long hiatus taking care of kids and parent - in laws. Could someone point me to a set of scans for mego and dida star trek bridge display scans? I want to print some backgrounds for my instagram photos.

    Thanks in advance.
    shornk shornk shornk

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by shornk View Post
    Hi,

    Had a long hiatus taking care of kids and parent - in laws. Could someone point me to a set of scans for mego and dida star trek bridge display scans? I want to print some backgrounds for my instagram photos.

    Thanks in advance.
    Let me know if you get a response. I've been looking for Dida scans for ages without luck.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 22, 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu Bei View Post
    Let me know if you get a response. I've been looking for Dida scans for ages without luck.
    bummer, Crickets. I was hoping someone would put up a link for these
    "May fortune favor the foolish"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 17, 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,548
    Images
    90
    I got Mego bridge recently that was in ad shape and thought about cutting it up to scan the walls but it cleaned up/fixed up so nice that I hate the thought of destroying it now

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 17, 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,548
    Images
    90
    As for the Dida artwork, it's not really up to someone that might have some of it to share without permission.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 22, 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by Mego Magyar View Post
    As for the Dida artwork, it's not really up to someone that might have some of it to share without permission.
    Good point. I didn't think about that. I'm bad. sorry
    "May fortune favor the foolish"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 22, 2011
    Location
    Pasadena, TX
    Posts
    1,088
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mego Magyar View Post
    As for the Dida artwork, it's not really up to someone that might have some of it to share without permission.
    You are referring to intellectual property rights that protect a persons creations, however, once that property item is sold, it is the right of the purchaser to do as they please with it.


    CCC.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 15, 2001
    Location
    My Pants
    Posts
    53,823
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by LordMudd View Post
    You are referring to intellectual property rights that protect a persons creations, however, once that property item is sold, it is the right of the purchaser to do as they please with it.


    CCC.
    That is incorrect, purchasing a copy of artwork does not grant you the rights to reproduce and distribute it.

    If the Dida artwork becomes available for free download, that is 100% the choice of the creator.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 25, 2009
    Posts
    1,232
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by LordMudd View Post
    You are referring to intellectual property rights that protect a persons creations, however, once that property item is sold, it is the right of the purchaser to do as they please with it.

    CCC.
    I don't mean to start anything here, but just for the sake of clearing up misinformation, your statement is not correct...unless you mean that if someone sells the ownership of the copyrights or trademark, the new owner can do what they want with it. If someone just purchases one of an item, they do not have any rights to copy and distribute it. A similar comparison would be that if you buy an album or DVD, you can not legally burn all the copies you want or upload all the songs online to distribute yourself. Despite the fact that people do this constantly to the financial detriment of the creators, it is not legal or moral.
    Last edited by generic; Aug 17, '18 at 12:39 PM.
    Nostalgia just ainít what it used to be.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 22, 2011
    Location
    Pasadena, TX
    Posts
    1,088
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by generic View Post
    I don't mean to start anything here, but just for the sake of clearing up misinformation, your statement is not correct...unless you mean that if someone sells the ownership of the copyrights or trademark, the new owner can do what they want with it. If someone just purchases one of an item, they do not have any rights to copy and distribute it. A similar comparison would be that if you buy an album or DVD, you can not legally burn all the copies you want or upload all the songs online to distribute yourself. Despite the fact that people do this constantly to the financial detriment of the creators, it is not legal or moral.
    If a person creates a piece of artwork, which is what a Dida scan is, and then sells it to another person, that person may then do whatever he wants with it, even though upon it's creation it was an intellectual property. That person can scan it, copy it, hang it, fold it, cut it, resell it, shred it, burn it, or leave it out on the side of the road until mother nature reclaims it, as happened with the hand-painted billboard my mother create for Rosewood Funeral Home many years ago. She was a professional artist, but once she sold that work to them, she no longer had any say in what was done with it. If someone on here has a Dida Trek scan they are willing to share with the author of this thread, they are free to do so because they paid for it and they own it. Furthermore, if they do not profit from the act, it is virtually impossible to successfully prosecute them for it.


    CCC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •