Thread: The Cartwrights - Ben, Hoss, and Little Joe

The Cartwrights - Ben, Hoss, and Little Joe

One of my favorite tv shows as a kid - watched it all the time with my dad.

Ben is a Battlestar Galatica Adama repainted - with clothing and accessories from several different sources (same with Hoss and Joe)
    Hoss and Joe are from a line that came out in the 60's called "American Characters." They are very much Mego scale - so long as you put Hoss on a bigger body.

Last edited by Megospidey; Jun 7, '18 at 1:27 PM.

Images
    Absolutely a Beautiful custom job on all of them....as a kid I loved Bonanza.
    Last edited by Ivaniski; Jun 7, '18 at 3:20 PM.

Images
    Excellent work

and the best thing about this is NO ADAM!

would be nice if you did CANDY!!

Excellent, I have always wanted to make Bonanza, but could not figure what heads to use for Hoss or Joe (or Adam, Hop-sing or Candy)

Images
    They look awesome!
    Mego...Re-Mego...It's all good!

I have a flair for women everywhere...Bonanza

Nice job on attaching the Bonanza American character heads on Hoss and Little Joe, Little Joe especially came out nice.

I would love to get the set of 4 Bonanza American character figures, but they go for big bucks on eBay, I'm guessing you picked up broken beater figures and cleaned up the heads for these customs.

Quote Originally Posted by tjacwave50 View Post
    I have a flair for women everywhere...Bonanza

Nice job on attaching the Bonanza American character heads on Hoss and Little Joe, Little Joe especially came out nice.

I would love to get the set of 4 Bonanza American character figures, but they go for big bucks on eBay, I'm guessing you picked up broken beater figures and cleaned up the heads for these customs.
    You’re right..the figures go for high dollar amounts on eBay. These 2 were beaters/incomplete. The ways those heads are attached is pretty ingenious (like the Marx Johnny West line). You can actually put these heads on a Mego as long as you widen the neck hole and restring the body.

I guess technically if you wanted to make Adam you would have to find a beater/broken Outlaw and paint over or sand off the mustache, his clothes were pretty easy, black shirt-pants-boots and hat.