Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bumblebee trailer. First non horrible Transformers movie?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Bumblebee trailer. First non horrible Transformers movie?

Looks like we may even get a G1 looking Starscream.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I didn't have the toys growing up. Watched the cartoon a tiny bit. Then, because of my love for 3D movies, I watched a bunch of the films last winter. They are absolutely gorgeous to look at, with great 3D, but oof, are they long! After awhile, I find the mayhem and destruction sort of washes over me as I get numb to the astounding and complex visuals. I think if they could edit them down to about 95 minutes, they'd be terrific entertainment. But they clock in at almost 3 hours and it's too much. Hopefully this one has charm and a reasonable run time for the subject matter.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

No Michael Bay...that means this one has a chance to be quite good.

Unlike the Transformers movies...this one has an earnest vibe going for it...heart...
      sigpic

Comment

• phil
        Persistent Member
        • May 11, 2007

The toyline was after my time and I don't think I ever saw the cartoon. I did see two of the movies, the third and fourth I think, and they were lousy. This movie actually looks like it could be fun.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

This is what the Transformers should have looked like to begin with, not shredded aluminum cans glued together in only slightly different ways.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

Got Rick-rolled (after a fashion) at the end!!! Hahahahaha

This looks really good and I'm sure I'll go see it.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              This is what the Transformers should have looked like to begin with, not shredded aluminum cans glued together in only slightly different ways.

Chris
              Absolutely!
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jacoblb
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2009

I've only watched the first two Bay films. I understand the TF franchise hasn't been met with projections ever since. From the look of things, it's to bad this film wasn't the thing that started the TF movies, start small and build up to a Gen 1 trilogy. I might watch this if a DVD circulates at the library or I get a free Redbox rental code. I Like that the Bumblebee is at least in the proper vehicle, a VW bug. I suspect the cartoon voice actor isn't involved, which is too bad. I guess the only way to relive my nostalgia is to pop-in my Transformers Devastator PS4 video game, which at least has the proper surviving voice actors like the Bumblebee cartoon fella and Frank Welker doing Megatron. I know I'm in the minority opinion that the hyper realism of the robots wasn't necessary, they could have kept it simple and been faithful to the look from top to bottom, as the CGI could have focused on the outside-look of how the robots transform rather than focusing on the dizzying gears and computer dials.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎