X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Oily heads?

So I picked up a bagged FTC Harry Potter at Mego Meet for my wife. When I gave it to her and she unwrapped it, suddenly Daniel Radcliffe was seriously suffering from night sweats or something. His head has a nasty slimy, viscous residue just oozing out of it. I could barely keep his mangled glasses from slipping off. I have a good chunk of the Batman '66 line, and this is the first time I've run into this with FTC, other problems aside.

Any solutions to end this, or is it one of those nasty plastic migration things that just going to continuously ooze oil?

Chris
    sigpic
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I will have ti check my FTC Harry Potter figure tonight, but I have not had this happen to any of my figures.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      So I picked up a bagged FTC Harry Potter at Mego Meet for my wife. When I gave it to her and she unwrapped it, suddenly Daniel Radcliffe was seriously suffering from night sweats or something. His head has a nasty slimy, viscous residue just oozing out of it. I could barely keep his mangled glasses from slipping off. I have a good chunk of the Batman '66 line, and this is the first time I've run into this with FTC, other problems aside.

Any solutions to end this, or is it one of those nasty plastic migration things that just going to continuously ooze oil?

Chris
      I've had that with my Commissioner Gordon and Alfred figures. It wasn't actually the head, but rather a gummy adhesive they used to keep the glasses on. Sounds like Harry might have the same thing.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Just checked my Harry Potter and yep, the glasses have oiled up the head. Yuck! I guess I better check my Alfred and Commissioner Gordon and maybe separate the glasses in a small bag.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by TRDouble
          Just checked my Harry Potter and yep, the glasses have oiled up the head. Yuck! I guess I better check my Alfred and Commissioner Gordon and maybe separate the glasses in a small bag.
          Yeah...I cleaned my heads with a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol. That removed all the sticky residue...then I superglued the glasses in place and they've been fine ever since.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Thanks fellas. FTC must have lathered poor Harry in that stuff, because he's oily from neckplug to noggin. But I'll try the alcohol trick.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

I got glasses for my custom AE Clark, and they came with that gummy adhesive, I didn't like it, so I just used a tiny
              piece of double sided scotch tape and it seems to work fine. I'm also thinking maybe a tiny dab of superglue might work too? but you wouldn't want to try and take the glasses off.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎