Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electra Wow!

Plaid Stallions Electra Wow!

I'm still in recovery mode from Mego Meet but wanted to share this story of my first experience walking on the show floor. My friend Scott takes me aside and hands me this, a custom Dyna Girl.

Last year Scott had done a limited amount of Electra Woman but only one Dyna Girl. He said he knew I was bummed I missed her, so he made me one.

More than the toy itself (which is amazing) I was touched by the kindness shown, the thoughtfulness. Toys are just stuff but I think the end, i think it's friends I ended up collecting, I love that.

It was a good omen to a very positive weekend but more on that later.

Here is the action figure set, I really would have wanted as a kid (but probably have been top chicken to buy), wish fulfilled, thank you, Scott.

Like our Facebook Page
    Check out our Instagram

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Oh what a really nice story

Images
    That is awesome Brian! Mego Meet was fantastic. One of my best geeky experiences ever. Such a positive get-together with old friends, new friends, and a ton of vintage (and vintage-inspired) toys we all love.

Oh, and I got to draw Electra Woman and Dyna Girl there, so nice to see something I made a small contribution to brought a smile.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Those are absolutely beautiful...and a nice story to go with them!

That's pretty special. Very nice. The more conventions I go to, the more it is about the experiences, and the less about bringing stuff home. At some point, you start to feel like you have enough stuff, but cool interactions and experiences are invaluable.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    That's great. So glad Scott made this happen for you, I know how bad you wanted one.

Awesome! And now he needs to make Frank, Glitter Rock, Ali Baba, and The Sorcerer. For a start anyway.

Plus you scored an Electrawoman and Dynagirl thermos at the flea market on the way home from the meet. Good weekend!

Images
    I would love to have these in proper 3.75" scale, maybe by Funko or Super 7.

CCC,

Quote Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
    That's pretty special. Very nice. The more conventions I go to, the more it is about the experiences, and the less about bringing stuff home. At some point, you start to feel like you have enough stuff, but cool interactions and experiences are invaluable.
    I hear that.
    My annual trip to Kentucky for Wonderfest is like that.
    I look forward to spending time with everyone I only see once a year than I do shopping in the dealers room.
    (don't get me wrong, I still brought home a bunch of stuff :D )